Cheetah Pipes

smuttdawg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what I have read in previous posts....anything other than CPI's or Shearer's would kill some of the performance of the motor....especially a PV motor....The powervalves give the cheetah more low end torque....putting T5's/FMF's on would give more low end and kill your mid to top end once the powervalves are open...

ok. when i first built my cub motor i tried a set of t5's.. then put the cpi's on there.. lets just say that the cpi's never came back off.. they held the motor back (choked) horribly.. don't do it man.. cpi's or shearers!!! if you want the power that the t5's put out , why id u buy a cub?? but if its all you have at the moment i would use them until the UPS guy brings you better pipes..

dude you have the rite pipe already.the cpi pipes dyno even a little more than the sheare pipes.the only way you will see more rpm is with some out of frame pipes.if you want to stay with in frames you have the pipes you need already.im running fmf pipes and am looking for cpi pipes now,have been just waiting for the right deal on them.

dude you have the rite pipe already.the cpi pipes dyno even a little more than the sheare pipes.the only way you will see more rpm is with some out of frame pipes.if you want to stay with in frames you have the pipes you need already.im running fmf pipes and am looking for cpi pipes now,have been just waiting for the right deal on them.

I would really like to see the dyno sheets proving this claim...

dude, why don't u guys just trade pipes for a bit, ur would that be like smellin mcdonalds on the atkins diet for you? :mage:

let me dig it up have to remember/find what site I seen it on.I was leaing towards shearer pipes and did some research when I found the dyno on both pipes and the cpi's made a few more horse power and also a few hundred more rpm than the shearer pipes.this is only what I read,I know there both great pipe choices and depending on the set up one could maybe be better than the other.let me find where I seen it and I will post it.

dude, why don't u guys just trade pipes for a bit, ur would that be like smellin mcdonalds on the atkins diet for you? :mage:

I would no doubt take the pipes but I will leave the happy meals to you.

i looked for the dyno results i had seen for the shearer and cpi pipes cant find it.i am always looking and reading on many different sites though.looked but cant remember where i seen it.i do remember that the dyno was with shearer small flange and cpi in frames and the cpi's made a little more hp and a few hundred more rpm,s on a stock banshee motor.anyway i have no proof cant find it.i will say that while looking for it today it seems what i found is the shearer pipes produce more power.hell ya never know,either pipe is better than what i am running at the moment i would be happy with either one or both.

damn thanks for making this thread so i didnt have to AGAIN! hopefully it wil go a ways. but yal think fmfs are bad wtf yal think about having some paul turner MIDS on a cub. the guy who built my motor had pt mids on it when i bought it. its a 421 cub! talk about holding it back! i'd kill for some cpi's :evil:

seriously if you want some diff pipes trade me! someone please school me on this. like the diff rpms you get outta wat pipes and all. i can def tell these pipes are holding my bike back alot. but i have been told cpi's or shearers are the best for cheaters!

POORBOY I still have those pt high revs

That is still a pipe that should only be used on a stock cylinder with a dune port. Anything more agressive than that will be killed by the pipe.

Poorboy you should be able to sell your pipes and buy a set of cpi's. Paul turners have a high resale value especially if your chorme is in great shape.

When you get ready to buy if you want the best chrome get them from www.cascadeinnovations.net

If a mid grade chrome is ok with you then PM Frogger on here. He can hook you up with killer prices. tell him I send ya.

josh

t-5's on my cub when i play ride for where we play in the deep sand and trees the drag pipes (cpi, shear, etc.) don't work well. I have a set of CPI big bore out frames that I put on once every so often but they have no silencers and are to friggin loud.....If all you are goingto do is run the open sand and nothing technical where you are looking for more bottom to mid range power the CPI of shearer pipes are the way to go. CPI quality control sucks ass....