Cheetah Pipes

smuttdawg

That may be true..you can occasional pick up a used Cub for about the price having stock cylinders ported...I guess if you can do that, and move, and broaden the powerband to your liking, then do it. (Note: I have no experience modifying a Cub in that manner, nor have I seen it personally or know if it can actually be done.)

j, you speak as if you think i'm a lier.

heres a little food for thought...

lets imagine you have a set of cases without cylinders.

now imagine you have to scrounge up a set of stock un-molested cylinders, whats that gonna run you?

the first set i found on ebay were "buy it now" for $325.

now get a price on a port job capable of pulling 80hp, not cheap. there usualy asking around $500 and there not even going to be guaranteed to do 80 and they all come with a light-switch throttle.

now on the other hand you can get a set of cubs for $875

"Patriot Racing has developed several basic packages plus complete engine packages.

$875 Cylinder only*, any bore, any stroke, plated ready to run."

and with about $100 worth of touch up work be running 100hp.

so where's the smart money?

$825 on the conservitive side to get mabe 80 hp out of a stock set of jugs that will be pushed to there limits and never capable of much better than what there at without alot more cash being thrown at them?

or a set of cubs that will do 80hp all day long without being touched, 100hp with a nice cleanup job?

why build the hell out of a 350 just to do what a 454 does stock?

as i said before, fwiw i'd much rather have the engine that s capable of doing major things in a straight line if i wanted it to but have chose to throttle it back (castrate it, neuter it...whatever...) with smaller pipes or whatever( cascades pulling around 68hp from there pt 2 into 1 bikes with no light-switch throttle) and still be able to uncork it and pull full 80-100hp numbers than coming up short with a stock cylinder bike that almost does the job but is about to fly apart trying it....

i've ridden a 80hp "drag" ported bike on t-5's and it sucks full on ass! you cant stay on the throttle enough...

i've also ridden a 100hp cub "choked down" on t-5's and it's a hell of alot better than the 80hp drag cylinders...

as i said, do your homework. find a stock cylinder bike and a cub bike in the same ballpark and ride them back to back....

imo if your shooting for 80hp numbers the cub is the best option dollar for dollar and preforms much more consistant than a stock set of cylinders ported to try and match a set of cubs......

seems to me if your trying to hit the 80hp mark your going to be spending alot of time f-ing the dog trying to get to 80 with a stock set when you can cut the chase and get there as soon as ups drops off a set of cubs.....

dajogejr, once again...

it's all about opinion and since you think yours is right then it must be.

there is no " in my experiance this has worked so i dont understand why x is working for you"

or "i have never tried the set up you've mentioned but have always had much success with "x" set up, it's what we've been running for the last "x" years and have had no problems with it..."

dajogejr, i may be misreading your posts but everything from you comes off as "i'm billy bad-ass and i know everything so whatever you say thats not in line with what i say is wrong" or at least thats how i read it.

i've never met you,talked to you or rode with you so maybe i'm missing something crucial to understanding how you are but from what i've seen on here your an over-opinionated asshole who thinks they know everything and anyone with a opinion thats different than yours is an idiot.

i'm sure i'm wrong but hey, if it looks like an asshole and smells like an asshole....

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dajogejr, once again...

there is no " in my experiance this has worked so i dont understand why x is working for you"

or "i have never tried the set up you've mentioned but have always had much success with "x" set up, it's what we've been running for the last "x" years and have had no problems with it..."

dajogejr, i may be misreading your posts but everything from you comes off as "i'm billy bad-ass and i know everything so whatever you say thats not in line with what i say is wrong" or at least thats how i read it.

i've never met you,talked to you or rode with you so maybe i'm missing something crucial to understanding how you are but from what i've seen on here your an over-opinionated asshole who thinks they know everything and anyone with a opinion thats different than yours is an idiot.

i'm sure i'm wrong but hey, if it looks like an asshole and smells like an asshole....

Clearly...you're new.

I've posted plenty of times the transitions my motors have gone through. The fact that I have tried it...posted a dyno sheet to show a curve (NOT A HP NUMBER) to proove my point I guess is lost on you.

I think what you need to do, is take that 7 year old boost bottle you're using, and smoke out of it.

It would be a better use....

j, you speak as if you think i'm a lier.

heres a little food for thought...

lets imagine you have a set of cases without cylinders.

now imagine you have to scrounge up a set of stock un-molested cylinders, whats that gonna run you?

the first set i found on ebay were "buy it now" for $325.

now get a price on a port job capable of pulling 80hp, not cheap. there usualy asking around $500 and there not even going to be guaranteed to do 80 and they all come with a light-switch throttle.

now on the other hand you can get a set of cubs for $875

"Patriot Racing has developed several basic packages plus complete engine packages.

$875 Cylinder only*, any bore, any stroke, plated ready to run."

and with about $100 worth of touch up work be running 100hp.

so where's the smart money?

$825 on the conservitive side to get mabe 80 hp out of a stock set of jugs that will be pushed to there limits and never capable of much better than what there at without alot more cash being thrown at them?

or a set of cubs that will do 80hp all day long without being touched, 100hp with a nice cleanup job?

why build the hell out of a 350 just to do what a 454 does stock?

as i said before, fwiw i'd much rather have the engine that s capable of doing major things in a straight line if i wanted it to but have chose to throttle it back (castrate it, neuter it...whatever...) with smaller pipes or whatever( cascades pulling around 68hp from there pt 2 into 1 bikes with no light-switch throttle) and still be able to uncork it and pull full 80-100hp numbers than coming up short with a stock cylinder bike that almost does the job but is about to fly apart trying it....

i've ridden a 80hp "drag" ported bike on t-5's and it sucks full on ass! you cant stay on the throttle enough...

i've also ridden a 100hp cub "choked down" on t-5's and it's a hell of alot better than the 80hp drag cylinders...

as i said, do your homework. find a stock cylinder bike and a cub bike in the same ballpark and ride them back to back....

imo if your shooting for 80hp numbers the cub is the best option dollar for dollar and preforms much more consistant than a stock set of cylinders ported to try and match a set of cubs......

seems to me if your trying to hit the 80hp mark your going to be spending alot of time f-ing the dog trying to get to 80 with a stock set when you can cut the chase and get there as soon as ups drops off a set of cubs.....

dajogejr, once again...

You take my post as sarcasm, but it is not. I'm actually taking your side, assuming that it can be done, which I truthfully state that I do not know, neither implying that it can or can't.