Banshee build going baddddddddd

gclark63

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I would like to thank everyone who replied, It was the plastic after all lol

But it is running, and to all of you that kept me checking the wiring a big thanks!!!!!!!

I was ready to push it off a cliff or buy a 4stroke lol.

Ok here is what the problem was, the four wires coming from the stator one red, one green, one red white, and one green white. One would think that you would connect the wires red to red and green to green and so on! I was fixing to wire the detonator in the C4 to the firing box and I thought since it was so close to starting why not just switch the R/W wires and the G/W wires and guess what the she lives !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just need to tune her and break in the new rings, wait how many kicks does it take to break in a new build because I have been kicking on it for over a month now! What do you guys think!

This whole issue just blew me away, I have been riding, building, and tearing up two strokes for over 30 years and this was a first. Again I thank all the members that have put in thier two cents worth, you guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think you should check your timing plate... IDK if you are a noob or not. I've seen many noobs set it incorrectly.

Quick and easy check.

Thanks for the concern gumby, I had to learn how to set the timing and points on the first car I owned 1969 Chevelle SS. I don't know if I am a noob or not, but I do appreciate the help and all the good natured ribbing I get from all you old timers lol!

thanks

First of all I would like to thank everyone who replied, It was the plastic after all lol

But it is running, and to all of you that kept me checking the wiring a big thanks!!!!!!!

Ok here is what the problem was, the four wires coming from the stator one red, one green, one red white, and one green white. One would think that you would connect the wires red to red and green to green and so on! I was fixing to wire the detonator in the C4 to the firing box and I thought since it was so close to starting why not just switch the R/W wires and the G/W wires and guess what the she lives !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just need to tune her and break in the new rings, wait how many kicks does it take to break in a new build because I have been kicking on it for over a month now! What do you guys think!

This whole issue just blew me away, I have been riding, building, and tearing up two strokes for over 30 years and this was a first. Again I thank all the members that have put in thier two cents worth, you guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear you got it going.

What a great feeling it must be, now just to get mine fixed.....