Klotz Super Techniplate

Klotzban1

:confused: I have always used klotz Benol in my shee. Does anyone know anything about the klotz Super Techniplate or have used it?

I use R50 which is a techniplate and have had good luck with it. I bought that because it is in stock alot of times when the Super is perpetually on back order. I know alot of people on here run it, though.

I've run nothing but R50 or super techniplate at 40:1 and after 2 years of year round hard riding i've only lost 10 psi of compression on the same ring set. Thats proof enough for me. Of course the sweet smell is always a plus too :biggrin: .

Edited by Whitbread

its all i use techniplate is the way to go with only 20% caster we run it in all our alky bikes drag or dunners...the benoil i do not run it is too much like maximas caster 927 which is good if you run in 30 degree weather it wont seperate like synthetic but it is too gummy and will gum up your reeds and what not.Its good stuff,,and smells great!

I've been thinking about switching to super techniplate for my alky bike....

Mainly cause I ride in the cold.

I run 110 octane and benoil for my purge, as well as my weed eater and chain saw. I gotta take a pic of the plug I pulled out of my weed eater yesterday....it looks like absolute shit....:)

I've been thinking about switching to super techniplate for my alky bike....

Mainly cause I ride in the cold.

I run 110 octane and benoil for my purge, as well as my weed eater and chain saw. I gotta take a pic of the plug I pulled out of my weed eater yesterday....it looks like absolute shit....:)

Does it make your weed eater pull hard the first couple pulls. It did mine. Once it has been fired up it goes away.

You really should switch to an oil that doesnt have caster oil in it for your purge. When you let caster oil sit it gets real gummy. Supertechinplate wouldnt be as bad since it only has 20% caster oil. That is why the bottle says do not use as a storage oil or not a storage oil. R50 would be the best.

Messed with a model nitro engine after they have set a while. Same thing there because of the caster oil.

josh

I can tell you first hand that is bad info and a bad idea....

I had 110 and R50 as my purge gas. R50 is NOT compatible with methanol.

Purging with that would gum my carbs up bad, to the point the floats/needles would stick if I didn't clean the carbs out afterwards...gummed them all up.

I switched to benoil for my purge, and carbs are just fine, clean....

Now...I'm probably going to switch to super t for my methanol and purge fuel, but it is very important to use alky compatible premix in your purge fuel....it's gonna mix some in the bowls....

I'd normally purge at the track (Saturday or Sunday) and by Tuesday or Wednesday...I'd take the carbs all apart to clean them. So, it's not like I let the purge gas sit in them forever....

No...my weed easter starts 2 - 3 pulls, no problem. When it's warmed up...you give it gas...and it takes a while to build up RPMs... After looking at my plug, I know why....:)

I can tell you first hand that is bad info and a bad idea....

I had 110 and R50 as my purge gas. R50 is NOT compatible with methanol.

Purging with that would gum my carbs up bad, to the point the floats/needles would stick if I didn't clean the carbs out afterwards...gummed them all up.

I switched to benoil for my purge, and carbs are just fine, clean....

Now...I'm probably going to switch to super t for my methanol and purge fuel, but it is very important to use alky compatible premix in your purge fuel....it's gonna mix some in the bowls....

I'd normally purge at the track (Saturday or Sunday) and by Tuesday or Wednesday...I'd take the carbs all apart to clean them. So, it's not like I let the purge gas sit in them forever....

No...my weed easter starts 2 - 3 pulls, no problem. When it's warmed up...you give it gas...and it takes a while to build up RPMs... After looking at my plug, I know why....:)

I never really thought about the methanol still in the carbs Fing everyting up. R50 probably would then.

With my weedwacker it makes the 1st pull really stiff. I just poured 32:1 benol in it. I didnt mix up some 50:1 like the manual sayed to run.

Yeah, i run benoil @ 28:1 in my purge as well as my gas....

It's only running the bike for a minute or two...just to clean the lines out, keep the walls and bearings inside flushed from the meth.

Hell, I might switch to 24:1 in my meth and purge oil...:)

But, I'm gonna probably burn up some golden spectro I have sitting on the fence for my weed eater and chainsaw.....50:1...:)