Klotz Super Techniplate

Klotzban1

:biggrin: Everyone!!! Thanks for the inputs on the klotz techniplate. Thats why I stay with this site....banshee riders here stick together. I'm gonna run techniplate....I ran klotz benol at 32:1 and 91 octane with 260 jetting and my plugs seem more a blackish Brown. Is 32:1 with the techniplate? I know its better to be alittle rich than risk it lean. Just want to make the drink for my shee smooth with no hangovers....LOL.

I can tell you first hand that is bad info and a bad idea....

I had 110 and R50 as my purge gas. R50 is NOT compatible with methanol.

Purging with that would gum my carbs up bad, to the point the floats/needles would stick if I didn't clean the carbs out afterwards...gummed them all up.

I switched to benoil for my purge, and carbs are just fine, clean....

Here you go Dajogejr. You need Klotz Original Techniplate (KL-200) for your purge oil. It doesnt have caster oil in it so it would be good to use as a purge oil.

Super Techinplate must be Original Techniplate with 20% Benol Caster Oil.

Klotz Original Techniplate Tech Sheet LINK

josh

why would I buy a different kind of oil to purge with than what I run in my methanol??

Too much BS buying different oils, etc. Once I burn what I got, I'll just go SuperTech year round and be done with it...:)

That way it would flush the benol out of the engine too. If your going to switch to supertechniplat then it probably wouldnt be that big of a deal.

Edited by jbooker82

• 3 weeks later...
Damn! I just picked up another quart of this stuff and it's $12.00 now! :huh: , well atleast here in Arizona.

Damn phxrider , i could ship you some and even with shipping still prolly save you money. :banghead:

Benol protects very well but a Klotz rep told me if I wasn't going to do a tear down every 15 hours that it would gum things up especially the rings. You also have to watch for gummy buildup when it dries in places like the carb throats.

Super and Original Techniplate aren't good storage lubricants. We had rust form inside our gas engine when using it.

R-50 has rust inhibitors but doesn't mix with alcohol.

We started purging our alky motor with Klotz Uplon which is sold as a fuel lube. Best stuff IMO for purge and storage

Check out the link:

http://www.klotzlube.com/tech/KL-107.pdf

Edited by Tedder

Benol protects very well but a Klotz rep told me if I wasn't going to do a tear down every 15 hours that it would gum things up especially the rings. You also have to watch for gummy buildup when it dries in places like the carb throats.

Super and Original Techniplate aren't good storage lubricants. We had rust form inside our gas engine when using it.

R-50 has rust inhibitors but doesn't mix with alcohol.

We started purging our alky motor with Klotz Uplon which is sold as a fuel lube. Best stuff IMO for purge and storage

Check out the link:

http://www.klotzlube.com/tech/KL-107.pdf

Upper end lube, my buds on 4 pokes with meth use this stuff.

Ted...are you saying use this as a substitute for oil in your purge gas? Or in addition to premix oil in your purge gas??

Makes since Ted! THanks for the input/tip..

Upper end lube, my buds on 4 pokes with meth use this stuff.

Ted...are you saying use this as a substitute for oil in your purge gas? Or in addition to premix oil in your purge gas??

Use Uplon only in your purge gas. Being in the Northeast you know how important it is to purge. When we drain the alky from our carbs at the end of the day (usually around 11:00pm) it turns milky and cloudy in a matter of minutes from moisture in the air. Uplon protects like noting else. Try it you'll like it!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Tedder