Wicked A Arms

Bansh-eman

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any set of a arms will take stock shock, the only time you need longer shocks is if you get a long travle set of a arms. i didnt look to see if wicked makes long travle or not cause i wasnt buying them but if you get those then 450 shock will not work they are not long enough for long travle arms...

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished my install!!!

The A arms look top notch. I don't know what spending more money could get you. These look super beefy and are rebuildable.

fit and finish was super good all the holes lined up perfect.

I had a bad experience with getting mine shipped ( they forgot to ship ) took 2 months to get them hear(Canada).

I ordered 2+ 1 up for stock length shocks.

Installed with yfz 450 shocks. first ride, All I can say is WOW. super smooth super tight, very stable. I did not know that a quad could ride this Smoth. or be this stable in the corners.

set up on the shocks will take some time. Right now I have very minimal preload. Ride height looks OK but it feels to soft and I don't want to bottom them out. so i will crank up the pre load some. adjust valving to fit your needs and you should be good. I would recommend yfz shocks They can be Adjusted for every one.

before i could not hang on to this thing and use all of the stock HP I would just get bounced off.

Now I need more power.

I just finished my install!!!

The A arms look top notch. I don't know what spending more money could get you. These look super beefy and are rebuildable.

fit and finish was super good all the holes lined up perfect.

I had a bad experience with getting mine shipped ( they forgot to ship ) took 2 months to get them hear(Canada).

I ordered 2+ 1 up for stock length shocks.

Installed with yfz 450 shocks. first ride, All I can say is WOW. super smooth super tight, very stable. I did not know that a quad could ride this Smoth. or be this stable in the corners.

set up on the shocks will take some time. Right now I have very minimal preload. Ride height looks OK but it feels to soft and I don't want to bottom them out. so i will crank up the pre load some. adjust valving to fit your needs and you should be good. I would recommend yfz shocks They can be Adjusted for every one.

before i could not hang on to this thing and use all of the stock HP I would just get bounced off.

Now I need more power.

How did your tie rods fit...right length or too long.... Mine are looking too long....I have the rod ends screwed in all the way and the tires are still toed in on the front quite noticeably..They measure 14" withouth the ends installed...can you measure yours and let me know....Bansh-eman was wondering the same thing

How did your tie rods fit...right length or too long.... Mine are looking too long....I have the rod ends screwed in all the way and the tires are still toed in on the front quite noticeably..They measure 14" withouth the ends installed...can you measure yours and let me know....Bansh-eman was wondering the same thing

Installed mine yesterday and the tierods are too long at 14 inches, I think they should be about 13 inches to set right and have some adjustment slack, arms are awsome though, everything fit perfect and look awsome, I think a lot of us ended up getting +3 rods instead of the +2. Ill call tomorrow to find out for sure.

Installed mine yesterday and the tierods are too long at 14 inches, I think they should be about 13 inches to set right and have some adjustment slack, arms are awsome though, everything fit perfect and look awsome, I think a lot of us ended up getting +3 rods instead of the +2. Ill call tomorrow to find out for sure.

Damn....I think bansh-eman said his were 13" He may have gotten lucky and gotten the right ones.. I'll call tomorrow as well and see what they say. I def. can't align them right witht he rods I have now...may try the stock rods...think they will fit??

im going to open the box they are packed up in and re-messure mine. but i want to say they where 13. but even 13 seem too long, i had +3 arms before these and those where only 13.

i sent him a message on ebay asking hm what the length was supposd to be.

edit: i just got mine back out and mine are 14in as well...

Edited by Bansh-eman

Ok guys may have found a trick that you may want to try.....I just went out and screwed with mine some more....My rod ends have to be all the way in and the fronts are toed out just a bit.....I had to turn the rods to push the back of the tires out and they are pretty damned close....The instructions that came with the kit mention to leave the rods attached to the bike and just unscrew the rods off themselves....I did that and tried to keep one of the nuts that screw against the rods in place so I didn't have to remeasure everything but that didn't work.....so try what I just did and see what happens...When the ends are all the way in the tires are just a hair toed out...

ok so i get a message back from the guy at wicked, this is his respones:

The tie rods should be 14" long if they are too long to properly adjust the toe unscrew the ball joints a couple of turns

yea i talked to him thismorning and he told me the same thing, because guys like to get as much out of them as possible width wise, not sure why they wouldnt get +3 to start with, but anyway screw balljoints out enough to make them work or he said you could cut them. I wouldnt screw them out any more than 4 turns myself to be the safe side.