Wicked A Arms

Bansh-eman

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shit mine were 14 inches too...

I just went out and turned balljoints out 3-4 turns not sure wich cause i allready had adjusted for very slight tweaked frame, was able to align with very little play left for any needed adjustments later. I hate to say, but im not sure he will replace, he said you could cut or adjust. I hate to cut with nice powder coat or worse chrome!

i havent got a chance to try and put them on due to my lack of a steering stem... but i might just pick up a set of noss tie rods anyways they are lighter, will be the right length and they are pretty cheap :) dont get much betta than that!

for the wieght its not really very cost effective. just send those back and have them cut them... im think im going to send mine back becasue i dont want to turn the ball joints out.

how did you get yours to work, did you turn out balljoints any more than 2 turns?

i didnt get them to work i havent installed them yet...

i dont want to send them back and deal with a buch of shipping charges especially since i have not tryed them myself. thats why i am thinking about the noss rods then i can make those as a back up set in the future. :shrug:

i didnt get them to work i havent installed them yet...

i dont want to send them back and deal with a buch of shipping charges especially since i have not tryed them myself. thats why i am thinking about the noss rods then i can make those as a back up set in the future. :shrug:

sorry man, I thought i had Handyman.

Ball joints out 2 turns. tie rods done up tight and I have some toe in.

It is snowing so front tire ware is not a problem. I think some toe in is good for tracking issues, yes there such a thing as too much but i feel at zero or some toe out can cause front end wander. I am no expert (disclaimer don't sue me!!) but as a heavy equipment tec the only time we try to get exact toe in to 0 is on the front end of a truck witch sees 6-7 tons and the front tires are over 15 inches wide going 65-70Mph.

Screwing out the Ball joints 3-4 turns is not going to effect strength That much They are metric 16m thread witch is huge. the strongest part by far.

no picks yet. it will take some time to get it perfect but how much time does your front end spend on the ground any way.

Later!

Mine are the same way....I screwed the nuts on the rod ends all the way out and the rod ends screwed all the way in and from what i can tell there is either no toe in or at least very little to the point to where it's hard to tell if it's toed in or not... kinda hard to tell with the front tires being wider than the rear. The measurements(from what i can tell) are so minimal that I'm not going to really worry about it.

Ball joints out 2 turns. tie rods done up tight and I have some toe in.

It is snowing so front tire ware is not a problem. I think some toe in is good for tracking issues, yes there such a thing as too much but i feel at zero or some toe out can cause front end wander. I am no expert (disclaimer don't sue me!!) but as a heavy equipment tec the only time we try to get exact toe in to 0 is on the front end of a truck witch sees 6-7 tons and the front tires are over 15 inches wide going 65-70Mph.

Screwing out the Ball joints 3-4 turns is not going to effect strength That much They are metric 16m thread witch is huge. the strongest part by far.

no picks yet. it will take some time to get it perfect but how much time does your front end spend on the ground any way.

Later!

thanks for that info, they look like they would be pretty solid even turned out 3-4 turns, and im with you on the toe in, i also think some toe in is better than 0 toe. And as for the balljoints the fabricator himself, which is the owner of Wicked told me it was fine to screw out the balljoints, just dont get carried away.

im still sending mine back and having them cut down. i shouldnt have to do a work around to make them fit. they should fit properly from the get go.

Your absolutely right about that.. I just measured my wicked rods and they are also 14 inches. Good thing I had a set of NOSS rods that I could use which are slightly over 13".