Wicked A Arms

Bansh-eman

i got a message from the guy at wicked and he said:

The tie rods are 14" long so that you can add camber to the front and still have enough thread to reach. Its hard to know what allignment angle different riders want, This is why they are longer rather than shorter. We will be happy to cut them down for you just send them back to us and we can do it in a matter of minutes. Or you can simply cut off a 1/4" yourself with a band saw or a hack saw or a cutoff wheel Its easy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i sent him a message about that, not sure how much he threads them from the get go

talked to him thismorning again, so i cut a 1/4 inch off both ends each rod, screwed joints back in to about 1 turn out, " ARMS " and it works great, no threading problems threaded right back in. just check to see if joint screws in all the way first, to see if you have enough threads.

Your absolutely right about that.. I just measured my wicked rods and they are also 14 inches. Good thing I had a set of NOSS rods that I could use which are slightly over 13".

have you tried your 13 inch rods yet, just wondering if they were long enough.

yea this is the message i got back:

Yes they should have pleanty. You should try just cutting one side on each tie rod only and check to see if that is enough

how long are your rods now dragbanshee?

they are 13 1/2 now, I could have just taken a 1/8 to 3/16 off each end and pretty sure that would have done it. I had plenty of play with 1/4 off each end, more than enough, cut them with a grinder with cutting disc.

i want to hack off 1/4 inch on one side of both of mine. i just dont like not having any adjustment on there.

i would take off of both ends 1/8 each end, unless you know you have plenty of threads, one one of my ends was a little shy on threads but still worked fine, go 3/16 on each end, it will work.

well if you guys cut your tierods. make sure you cut the side that is not reverse threded. I tok mine to jays and we hacked them off no problem. went to clean the threads and couldnt figure out why they wouldnt go. then he realized we cut the sides with the reverse threads. so i got to find a tap to clean them up with rather then being able to use his set. so just one more thing to add to the book of things to remember because of personal experiance.

• 3 weeks later...
So do we have any pictures of these installed yet? Ridding impressions? Are they worth the hassel?

Well worth it, no hassle really everything fit perfect, and if you do get arms from this company they will cut the tie rods for you, he may be making them 13 1/2 now he"s a good guy to deal with Ill tell ya that. Ill try to get some pics up soon, candy blue/ chrome decals awsome!

• 3 weeks later...
Ill try to get some pics up soon, candy blue/ chrome decals awsome!

Just wondering if you got the pics yet. Are you putting them on the 03' in your sig? My bike is identical and I was thinkin about ordering some wickeds so I was just curious to see how they would look before I get em.

Edit: That's weird. Before I posted that I swear there was a pic of an red/black 03' in your sig. Hmmmmm......

Maybe i'm just losing my mind. :shrug:

Edited by TJ10