Turbo Banshee's

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup that's the oil pump you see me holding up in the pics I posted on my first post. Basically it's just a oil pump from a suzuki quadrunner 300 and I had my father spin me off a slug to bolt it to. He also had the idea of putting the oil fittings on the top side (edge) and run oil ports to bring the oil up top so I don't kick off the fittings during a rough run down the trail.

I'm glad to get a good response here. I've been watching everything on the turbo banshee topic for 5 years. I gave it a whirl a couple years back with carbs and had NO luck at all. It seems I couldn't get enough fuel in there when the turbo boosted up. No matter how I set it up. It would just blow right through the carb so fast that no fuel would get sucked in with it. That's the beauty about EFI. Not only do I not have give a shit about what size bores I can use for intake, but I can forget about worrying about tuning all the time. If people are using it (megasquirt) on 400hp busa's then my little 2 stroke won't be hard for it to keep under control.

To answer someones question.... I used the 38mm throttle bodies off a 05 gsxr. The only thing about these are they have to be cut apart and machined to use for the width of a banshee motor. I will post pics when I can get to my own computer in a couple hours. That other guy "whitey" took the easy road and found some tb's that you can seperate. I recommend doing this if you want to duplicate the efi system without using a mill and taking alot of extra time making your own tb's. The only reason I used the gsxr tb's is because they don't have a vacuum secondary. Suzuki uses a computer controlled secondary which is easy to take off. That way I didn't have to take extra room away from all the turbo crap. I also turned the intake upside down so it's kind of like a downdraft system. giving me the room I needed to put the plenum downtube from the MAF in their. I have NO room left inside the frame for anything as you might be able to see in the video. I'm going to have to make another video showing it all as it looks now. Much less cluttered now with it all cleaned up and organized. but you get the picture...

As for the MAF it off a mustang. I had to use this because 2 strokes DON'T HAVE A MAP READING. due to the fact that the engine is open from front to back when the piston is at BDC. So with the MAF measuring all the air going in it doesn't have to estimate the amount in there. Giving me about 1000% better running engine. Plus under boost it reads the EXACT amount of air going in. That pretty much takes care of all the "TUNING" issues I might have run into with a lesser system. Considering it started up with no vacuum line hooked up and the timing 40 degrees retarded...oh also I had no power to the WB O2 sensor. I'd say I'm not going to have too many problems getting it to run very good. Shee WANTS to run good...lol

ok that's enough for now til' I can get some more pics on here for you guys. I'll check back in a couple hours.... I have to actual work to do here @ work...lmao

~ TurboBanshee420

here are some pics of the stator I wound up with 14 gauge for 3 phase so I could get all available power for fuel pump and battery charging, with some left over for killer lights and some other goodies....01-27-07_0459.jpg

here it is next to the stocker crap.

03-10-07_0312.jpg

and the TB's in the middle of seperating them...

02-21-07_0533.jpg

then done....not as easy as it seemed

02-24-07_2224.jpg

downdraft...

03-12-07_1641.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/T...-12-07_1639.jpg

plenum I whipped up at work with some .040 stainless....

03-17-07_1401.jpg

03-17-07_1402.jpg

I had to modify the ford EDIS 36-1 toothed wheel to fit over the flywheel hub.... .0025 interferance fit, no bolts or jbweld here! Notice I'm pionting out the missing tooth, hence 36t minus 1 (36-1)

03-29-07_0748.jpg

03-30-07_0227.jpg

03-30-07_0229.jpg

Under tank view before injector harness is in.

04-10-07_1515.jpg

Intermediate pipe into turbo without the flange welded yet...

04-13-07_1807.jpg

then on...

04-13-07_1656.jpg

PISSED!!!!

05-02-07_1420.jpg

Look at all the shit under that 6.0gal tank... it all fits perfect!

04-24-07_0054.jpg

This is the way shee was before I tore it down.... ran great too....

10-24-06_1543.jpg

Now this is what I'll see.....BOOST!

vids1032.jpg

vids1031.jpg

I'd say all of that was worth it to me, even though I haven't ridden it with any kind of a tune. Because when it comes down to it.... I did it all the hard way to see if I could. well I did it, and I learned a fuck load of shit to boot. In the end.... and here me good on this one boyz and gurlz....

I will make you guys a "how to" sticky worthy of the banshee gods! I'll simplify it down to the minimum and write it all down for you all to enjoy. After all, it's 2007.... bring your banshee into the new world of EFI bikes and walk all over them. and never have to tune again! I hope I've givin you ALL something to think about.

This should only cost you about $600-700 to do fuel only control and on a scale of 1-10... I'd say a 6... because you need to be able to use a welder or mill in some cases to make a fuel rail. Or not... depends on what injectors are on the tb's. It will all be covered later on.

Stay Tuned ~ TurboBanshee420

LMAO!!!! the fart can is part of a joke.... but on the plus side it keeps it quiet (since I ride beween 10pm-5am) and later down the road I'm gunna use propane to blow some flames @ WOT..haha I love a good show don't u? It also is a good item to make people wonder "what's under the hood"

Way to many postes to read on this for me after reading the first 4 or 5 I aready had to many questions and answers so to make this short I will say this. GT Performance (www.gtperf.com) makes a turbo kit for a banshee. His turbo banshee is a true 350 stock stroke and bore making about 200 hp. I am almost sure his is a blow through with carbs but I could be wrong about that.

yeah that's no doubt the same kit as trick racing. but aerochargers are no longer made anymore. they had tons of them keep coming back blown up because they have no way to cool the oil inside of them. Not bad for 15 years old technology though.

Well, I am surprized that you managed to get everything tucked away as clean as you did !!!!!

I am anxious to see some vids of it running though. Keep us posted on the rest of your progress.

Oh yeah, I would recomend a wheelie bar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a sneak peek of it firing up for the first time....

www.youtube.com/turbobanshsee420

I'm just waiting on the drive coupling for the oil pump to be finished and I can start really tuning without worrying about oil for the turbo. i had a temp coupling on there but i didn't trust it enough to do any tuning. I won't have time to do anything else until the middle of july. I'm working the next 17 days strait....yeah no 4th for me... But I'm just as anxious as the rest of you guys. I can't wait til' the first real dyno pull!!!

Subsribe to my youtube channel and get e-mail'd updates on new vids as I post them...