Turbo Banshee's

The two stroke motor has one huge inherent nemesis when making power.......HEAT! The more there is of it over 1250 degrees, the less better it runs. The only way I would run a Turbo on any quad is with a dry ice intercooler and it would only be a drag QUAD.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two stroke motor has one huge inherent nemesis when making power.......HEAT! The more there is of it over 1250 degrees, the less better it runs. The only way I would run a Turbo on any quad is with a dry ice intercooler and it would only be a drag QUAD.

Heat is not an issue with an alky engine. I would agree if I turboed a 2 stroke it would be drag only.

all valid points boyz. But I've been around the block myself and I can garentee that this bike won't be "finiky" at all. EFI is the shit! and this turbo banshee will be making close to 160hp. more than enough for you cheetah guys. L8r folks... more to come

I dont see how it can make 160 hp with stock casted cylinders. I dont see how they can move enough air and fuel to accomodate that kind of horsepower.

Me either, and the kind of boost it would take to get those numbers. What kind of pressure can a crank seal handle before your blow it?

I've seen it done before with stock motors... www.trickracing1.com

But this motor has been worked to the fullest inside. I could tell ya but then I'd have to.... well ya know. After I get the tune closer I'll be pushing the turbo to it peak efficiency of 76% @ 30psi. Then we'll see what a banshee motor can really do before it either breaks a rod or pops a piston. (Which I'm secretly counting on so I can get a cub to throw on their...don't tell the wife!)

At this piont I have about 1500 into the internals....4mm longrod wiseco crank and ceramic coatings.... blah blah blah. But as one of you guys said.... it never enough. I'm looking for the kind of power that will break gears and clutch baskets.... not just a fast banshee. I already had that when I started. It made 59hp at the wheels before it was fully broken in. (I have a dyno) then I put some shearers and 34mmpj's on there and made 66.4hp which is really good as far as REAL #'s. I see alot of people out there guessing or even putting their bikes on a dynojet (junk) and spoiting off about how they put some pipes on and made 90hp blah blah... Well.... "Dynomite" is all I have to say on that one. come on over and try to turn my 4000lb roll and see how much those dynojets are off. (15%)

I'm just waiting on my oil pump drive dog to be completed on the CNC and I'm off to the dyno for some tuning and maybe a run or 2. I'll have some #'s hopefully by the 4th. you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be posting those right here.

I'm glad alot of you guys can appreciate what i've done so far. I'll make a new post when I have the time and explain it all soon. I usually have lots of time to play around like that at work. I'll get back to ya'll on that one.

read up on this for those of you guys who want to make your shee EFI! IT'S SOOOO EASY A CAVE MAN CAN DO IT!!!!!! I made mine completely controlled by the megasquirt. spark and fuel! NO MORE CDI!!!!

WWW.MSEFI.COM click on the megamanuel link to read from start to finish how to do it.

L8r guys ~ TurboBanshee420

Iam pretty stoked about your work and build.. I have had a couple boosted cars, been around lots and hope to twin my big block within the next couple years. Turbos IMO are one of the coolest and strongest mods you can do to any engine.. I understand where some of the guys are coming from about tuning but to question the performance abilities of a turbo :blink: they may be suprised.. That being said.. The more info, pics, and vid you post, the better and ill be looking forward to seeing it.. Good for you to tackle a project that is unarguably very involved..

RIPPEN

I've seen it done before with stock motors... www.trickracing1.com

But this motor has been worked to the fullest inside. I could tell ya but then I'd have to.... well ya know. After I get the tune closer I'll be pushing the turbo to it peak efficiency of 76% @ 30psi. Then we'll see what a banshee motor can really do before it either breaks a rod or pops a piston. (Which I'm secretly counting on so I can get a cub to throw on their...don't tell the wife!)

At this piont I have about 1500 into the internals....4mm longrod wiseco crank and ceramic coatings.... blah blah blah. But as one of you guys said.... it never enough. I'm looking for the kind of power that will break gears and clutch baskets.... not just a fast banshee. I already had that when I started. It made 59hp at the wheels before it was fully broken in. (I have a dyno) then I put some shearers and 34mmpj's on there and made 66.4hp which is really good as far as REAL #'s. I see alot of people out there guessing or even putting their bikes on a dynojet (junk) and spoiting off about how they put some pipes on and made 90hp blah blah... Well.... "Dynomite" is all I have to say on that one. come on over and try to turn my 4000lb roll and see how much those dynojets are off. (15%)

I'm just waiting on my oil pump drive dog to be completed on the CNC and I'm off to the dyno for some tuning and maybe a run or 2. I'll have some #'s hopefully by the 4th. you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be posting those right here.

I'm glad alot of you guys can appreciate what i've done so far. I'll make a new post when I have the time and explain it all soon. I usually have lots of time to play around like that at work. I'll get back to ya'll on that one.

read up on this for those of you guys who want to make your shee EFI! IT'S SOOOO EASY A CAVE MAN CAN DO IT!!!!!! I made mine completely controlled by the megasquirt. spark and fuel! NO MORE CDI!!!!

WWW.MSEFI.COM click on the megamanuel link to read from start to finish how to do it.

L8r guys ~ TurboBanshee420

Nice post and quite a bit more news for us people reading. I have had quite a few turbo's on motors and turbo'd a couple street bikes for customers so I see what they can do for numbers. People are worried about seals and what not, and if that comes to be a problem in the future you can always see if there is enough room to machine in O rings, then you will be all set. Absolute worse case scenario you have to buy some of them bad ass billit cases and have them machined for O rings.

What model GSXR did you get the TB's off of, and how did you mount them? Custom intakes? What did you do about a fuel pump and battery?

I dont see how it can make 160 hp with stock casted cylinders. I dont see how they can move enough air and fuel to accomodate that kind of horsepower.

it's not like stock flow anymore since the air is being forced in and not sucked in. Makes for a lot more air in the combustion chamber thats for sure.

Post a link to that megamanual of the efi website. I couldn't find it.

These guys have to be the smartest people in the world for running a 2 into 1 pipe. :clap: :biggrin:

Dcp03118.jpg

Edited by Snopczynski