FMF Fattys vs. Toomey TR6

Hey I am new to the site and think the info that is shared here is awesome. Just purchased two new 2006 shees on FRIDAY and am looking to start the mayhem of modifications. I spend most of the time riding around in the dunes but also trail a little. Which do you peoples think would be a better overall pipe for most applications? Right now everything is bone stock and was going to start with the pipes and filter upgrades with more to come later. Was looking to chose between Fatty's and TR6's!

Thanks

im sure most people would agree that toomey's are the best pipes for banshees, they are the self proclaimed king of banshee pipes, run t6's if your planning on keeping your motor basically stock, if you are planning on other things like porting your jugs ect.. then t5's would be the best choice

I have fatties and love them, My shee is all modded out and I have an aggressive dune port and the quad runs extremely well with the fatties, I'm sure I'm losing a little top end power with them but I still have good bottom end and it pulls hard up top. I think the fatties will respond better to porting then the toomey tr6's will.

Toomey's is the way to go. I just got rid of mine, switched to some Shearers. I was running some T5's w/ an aggresive dune port. Even before the porting the bike ran really good with just pipes and a filter mod. Definately have to get rid of the stock filter setup. My buddy just got rid of his FMF's and is looking for some T5's at the moment. He liked the toomey's over the FMF's.

My vote for Toomey's. :thumbsup:

I just put toomey t5s on my 06 shee, which is pretty stock besides a KN with no lid and the jetting that comes with the toomeys. The power that the t5s put out is crzy over stock and they are alot cheaper than t6s. Plus if u ever wana mod more the t5s b much better. Like i said for sound, power, finish and fitting - GET THE TOOMEYS.

my .2c

i dont think anybody can tell a big difference going from fatty's to toomey's , i have both sets and switched back and forth and i couldnt tell the difference , maybe the t-5's had a little for top end but i couldnt really tell , you would have to put them on a dyno to be able to really tell .

im sure people will say they felt a big difference going from 1 to the other , i tried it a couple time last week and couldnt tell , toomey's or fatty you will be happy with the outcome , the only thing i can say is that i think the chrome holds up better on the toomey's , the fmf's tend to rust faster then any pipe i have ever had

I know I'm opening up a huge can here, but oh well. With the exception of drag pipes or 2into1, I would bet that on a stock motor, 99% of people wouldn't be able to notice a performance difference between any of the popular pipes (FMF, Toomey, Pro Circuit, etc...). I personally run FMF SST's on a ported motor, and I love them.

If you spend most of your time riding in the Dunes the T5s are gonna be your best bet. Great Mid/Top pull and if you plan on porting it later witch you probably will riding dunes you wont have to switch pipes from the TR6s to T5s. The Toomey pipes are definatly better than the FMF. Ive rode all three and I never felt near as much pull from the FMFs. The FMFs might have a tad bit more on bottom than the TR6s but its not really that noticable and the mid/top end pull of either T5 or TR6 more than make up for that. They last longer and rev more. Banshees arent know for there bottom end anyway unless you put alot of time and $$$ into waking it up like Im doing and in that case neither Toomey or FMF do justice.

The TR6s are definatly better than the T5s for a stock ported Banshee with all of the major bolt ons but the diffrence isent astonishing. The TR6s just have more usefull power but not as much top end as the T5s. This is my personal expirence with the diffrent pipes on the Banshee. Other people may have diffrent views.

Most replies on here come from people who only ran one pipe and even then who knows if it was even jetted correctly....I've ran both and jetted both. The fmf and T5 are nearly the same. The T6 comparable to the fmf sst's...The fatties are nickel plated which will tend to get surface rust unless you get them chromed.....Hard call, Personally, I'd get both and let yourself decide.....your jetting will be dramatically different between the 2 pipes, so make sure they are both dialed in separately...

Fmf fatties 280 mains, stock pilot, needles 5th (stock reeds), Needle 4th clip w/ aftermarket reeds

T-6 320 mains, stock pilot, needles 5th clip w/ aftermarket reeds.

Good luck on your decision and let us know which one you choose.