SHOW OF UR TRUCKS!

FasterThanU90

This is what I wish my truck looked like, maybe someday.

RAMMM.jpg

This is my truck now....I love it. It's a 2009 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 5.7 Hemi Bighorn 4x4 (lol, wow, didn't realized it was that long). By far my favorite vehicle I've ever owned!

myram.jpg

Forgot to mention how many sweet rides were in this thread. There's nothing like a truck, I don't think ill ever go back to a car. Well, maybe as a secondary.

sapient, what does the r/t run in the 1/4? I always liked those trucks!

I haven't brought mine to the track yet, but I'm expecting to run mid to high 13's but that's just my educated guess from street races and other people's experience. With some ET's im sure I could burn a second, RT's are torque-y as fuck, i fry tires way too easy off the line.

Edited by sapient

My money pit and I do mean money pit, I could have bought a house for what I have put into this thing.

n716047395_300782_941.jpg

n716047395_329090_9351.jpg

n716047395_300783_2188.jpg

n716047395_266254_7555.jpg

ahesized.jpg

ahfsized.jpg

Like the dub 7's. Im running a 13w7 in my suburban with a 1000/1 pounds. I have a buddy running 6 12w7s in a single cab chevy with a bed thru. You have a awesom truck.

Yeah people always harass me for buying JL, saying there overpriced pieces of junk. Yeah well I have yet to find a sub that can hit as low of notes and hold them as well as my dub 7's can. Not to mention JL has a great warranty on their products. The only problem is that I have to run 4 kinetik 2400 watt batteries with 2 ohio altenators.

PictureSS032.jpg

P7200043.jpg

Im running two optima reds in my suburban. I know what you mean about what everyone says about jl , but by the time they buy enough subs to hit as hard as even 1 dub 7 they have already spent double that. With just the 1 13w7 and the 1000/1 i hit 143.7 db which for that much space to fill isnt bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My 1999 GMC Suburban my tow vehicle and Daily driver.... stock customizing was done by Southern Comfort all the rest done by me truck has Flowmaster exaust, 3" body lift, 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claw radials etc.

P7072560.jpg

P7072559.jpg

P7072557.jpg

P7072556.jpg

P7072555.jpg

P7072553.jpg

Edited by Bansheeejohn

Well its not my truck, But this is my buddy Brad's 91 K-5 Blazer Bogger he has been working on for the last five months. He did all the fab work himself. I need a fuggin ladder to get in the muthafucka. lol ...btw - They look small, but those are 44" Ground Hogs on there.

Trucks002.jpg

Trucks001.jpg

Trucks007.jpg

Trucks010.jpg

Well its not my truck, But this is my buddy Brad's 91 K-5 Blazer Bogger he has been working on for the last five months. He did all the fab work himself. I need a fuggin ladder to get in the muthafucka. lol ...btw - They look small, but those are 44" Ground Hogs on there.

I see a two major problems there... One... pinion angle's on both diff's. There is no way you are going to get U-joints to last more than about two minutes without changing that pinion angle by like 30 degrees. Second, what size heims are those? they look minuscule. I wouldn't run anything smaller than 1 1/4" for something that high off the ground, with that much weight being thrown around.

I see two major problems there... One... pinion angles on both diff's. There is no way you are going to get U-joints to last more than about two minutes without changing that pinion angle by like 30 degrees. Second, what size heims are those? They look minuscule. I wouldn't run anything smaller than 1 1/4" for something that high off the ground, with that much weight being thrown around.

Well I'm no expert on the subject, I'm sure he'd have more answers for you than I do...

But....For one, the transfer case and drive shafts aren't in yet. The transfer case will sit in the middle of the cradle and angles won't be as severe as you might think (I've seen much worse). Two, the shocks are set up really soft with lots of travel and once all of the weight is on the truck (trans, transfer case, custom drive shafts, skid plates, gas tank full of gas, and people in it) the shocks will sag more than two inches lower. Three, idk how you can tell the heims look minuscule in any of those pics. They are actually quite beefy in person and were made for that purpose. I'm not sure of the actual size but they're not just cheesy TSC bought heims. Also keep in mind he did this all by himself with minimal tools and no shop or hoist or much guidance other than his Got Mud web site similar to the bhq. Are things going to brake? Sure. That’s the nature of the beast. Find the weakest links and fix them.

Needs bigger tires.

Yeah, those are temps. Once he gets his Rockwell axles, there will be some big ass tractor tires on it.

Thanks for the comments :cheers: