Cutting out, no power

olmick

i finally put the outerwears over my k&n pod filters, here is the strange thing though, when i put them on it feels like its cutting out really bad and has about 1/2 the power it usually has, i took them back off and it screamed again, so does anyone know what could be causing this cuz i need the outerwears, oh yeah main jet 320, stock pilot, air screw 1.5 turns out, it was 65 out today, and elevation is apporx 700ft

i finally put the outerwears over my k&n pod filters, here is the strange thing though, when i put them on it feels like its cutting out really bad and has about 1/2 the power it usually has, i took them back off and it screamed again, so does anyone know what could be causing this cuz i need the outerwears, oh yeah main jet 320, stock pilot, air screw 1.5 turns out, it was 65 out today, and elevation is apporx 700ft

i would go down on the main jet, but anyway whats the point of a k&n with an outerwear when you can just get a foam filter.

When you installed the Pods, did you re-jet(bump up the main), adjust the needle if necessary, etc. If it cuts out and feels like it has no power, you are probably running too lean :down:

im not buying a foam filter, and i did jet it with the pods, and also if i was running too lean with them it wouldnt of killed a plug dead

?? what do you mean by killed a plug dead.

if your lean it will melt the tip off if really lean if on teh verge it will be whiteish.

do you ever think that when you rejetted that it wasnt correct.???

I say BS, an outerwear is nothing more than a pair of panties for the k&N, shouldnt be any difference with or without them, go back to mechanic school and learn how to jet a carb, that is your problem.

p.s. you dont put oil on the outerwears. hahahahahahahahah

stay the f*ck out of my thread, the jetting is spot on right now,

and no sorry but im not a dumbass who would oil the outerwears

im going to get some new outerwears and try them to see what happens

Its not the damn outerwears, Its not like your putting plastic bags over the filters. IF your jetting is right on then show us your plug chop pics, you already said it fouled out a plug so like i said go back to jetting 101 and learn a little more. oh and by the way what would a pair of new outerwears do? maybe you could change the oil in your filters hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Its not the damn outerwears, Its not like your putting plastic bags over the filters. IF your jetting is right on then show us your plug chop pics, you already said it fouled out a plug so like i said go back to jetting 101 and learn a little more. oh and by the way what would a pair of new outerwears do? maybe you could change the oil in your filters hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

i wouldnt be laughin because u need to go back to reality and stop saying ur banshee can go 100 easily

[/quote

dont u think your in the wrong forum? you should be hanging out in the appearance forum showing your bling bling 20's on your shee, go cruise the street or something instead of bashing my thread :rolleyes:

Edited by olmick

Have you dropped the jetting at all to see if it clears up yet? I couldnt see an outerware making that big of a difference but I guess anything is possible. I assume putting it on there restricted airflow like before making the bike run richer.

Too much oil on your air filters can cause your outerwears to clog up and restrict air flow....and just like Tyler said, the smallest bit of dirt could cause them to do exactly what you're describing as well. I'd junk them too, I did...for the same reason.

Hey dumbass mrtwinshee....what happens when you have perfect jetting, and you cut the amount of airflow in half and leave the jets the same? It makes you too rich...what happens when you're too rich? You foul a plug :shoothead: Get back to fucking up your banshee with the 20's you retard