How many of you run race fuel?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know where i can i get any of the aabove fuels in central ok

I was wondering the same thing, but my best friend he gets his from here in okmulgee at collins motorsports, they got TRACK-TECH 110 or 111 in a 5 gallon can for $50 then down the highway a little bit at B&B small engine they have the same thing for the same price too,

so ok, everyones paying out the arsehole for fuel. has anyone here ever changed to lower compression domes and gone back to running regular pump fuel (92 octane). if so what kind of a power loss did you experience? lack of low end and poor acceleration? not to much of a difference at all? i've never run anything but 110 oct fuel in my banshee but at $85 for 5 gallons i'm considering the switch. i'd like to know what to expect with the change. i'd be going from 18cc domes to 21cc. P.S.-sorry about hijacking the thread .

Edited by the grinch

After talking to a guy today, he referred me to : http://www.powermist.com/home.html

I guess you are SOL if you are on the West Coast.

Anyone have a line on the cheapest (Leaded Preferred) around 100 octane race fuel in San Diego area? I have 165lbs as I kick it. I'm not even sure if I need anything more than the crappy 91 octane fuel we have here, but I've always mixed 50/50 pump premium with 100LL AVGAS.

I'd prefer to just find a good higher octane fuel that wasn't $52 for 5 gallons!!

so ok, everyones paying out the arsehole for fuel. has anyone here ever changed to lower compression domes and gone back to running regular pump fuel (92 octane). if so what kind of a power loss did you experience? lack of low end and poor acceleration? not to much of a difference at all? i've never run anything but 110 oct fuel in my banshee but at $85 for 5 gallons i'm considering the switch. i'd like to know what to expect with the change. i'd be going from 18cc domes to 21cc. P.S.-sorry about hijacking the thread .

If your paying 85 bucks for 5 gallons your taking it in the shorts. I get 55 gallon drum filled for 300.

If your paying 85 bucks for 5 gallons your taking it in the shorts. I get 55 gallon drum filled for 300.

yep! thats just the way it is up here ! 92 octane pump fuel is $1.21 a liter or about $4.60 a gallon!!! :sick: theres about 30 million of us up here, all getting bent over by the oil companies!

Edited by the grinch

so mixing av gas 50/50 with pump fuel wont hurt anything? all the years racing motocross alot of people talked about but said NEVER to put it in a bike even with all the race motors iv had built they said use only race gas. also will av gas seperate from the premix oil at all?

hey grinch gotta love the oil companys canada has plently of oil for itself but we sell it to the U.S. then buy it back for more and charge 1.20$ a liter i think thats the highest iv seen. no offece to the U.S. ( stupid politics)

Edited by yamaha04

i feel special, im getting 111 leaded for 3.60 gal at the local inerstate oil dealer & thats in nor-cal.

i thought ca was expensive.

hey 02sandshee witch interstate are you getting that from?

we service there trucks i would like to check out there fuel

hey grinch gotta love the oil companys canada has plently of oil for itself but we sell it to the U.S. then buy it back for more and charge 1.20$ a liter i think thats the highest iv seen. no offece to the U.S. ( stupid politics)

yep, we got the biggest oil reserves in the world next to saudi arabia and we're still getting ass-raped at the pumps! there's definately something wrong here.

I thought about buying a drum of VP110 probably get a discount by buying 2 of them. You know budieing up and buying in bulk. I have to look more into this but yeah my Banshee starts getting thirsty for VP110 or U2(13.00 A gallon) its 5.50 a gallon.