Coolant Bottle

I have heard both that the coolant bottle is not a recirculating system, but just for overflow, and not really needed? WHich way is it, can I just remove it, or where is the best spot to put it if I do? I added the 2-1 filter. Thinking about it, none of my last dirtbikes didn;t have a coolant bottle; and it was fine. Thanks

Route it straight down, zip tie to lower part of frame. Let it be about 6-8" down off the frame to avaid any drips getting on the bike. Good to go. Check your fluid levels once in awhile. I've checked mine twice in 5 years. I ride during summer in Glamis. Never overheated or had problems.

Stock pipes aren't doing any harm either.

The way I see it, it is one more thing that doesn't have to be there. One less thing on my bike is one less thing to ever get in my way, break, fall off or be in any trouble shooting equation.

It does re-circulate, especialy if you re-locate it to the front under the nose. (Stan) CottoneyeJoe sells a nice piece to relocate it there.

It is not mandatory unless you like to keep your radiator full to the top.

Extra coolant capacity never hurts, and it gives hot coolant a nice place to vent to rather than trapping it in or over overflowing it onto your pipes.

Where there is coolant in the bottle there is coolant in my radiator, but if it is empty I KNOW for sure it needs to be topped off.

Edited by Justintoxicated

It is not mandatory unless you like to keep your radiator full to the top.

Extra coolant capacity never hurts, and it gives hot coolant a nice place to vent to rather than trapping it in or over overflowing it onto your pipes.

Where there is coolant in the bottle there is coolant in my radiator, but if it is empty I KNOW for sure it needs to be topped off.

the bottle is not mandatory to keep your radiator full to the top. i cant remember the last time i put collant in mine, and its still full clear to the top, with no coolant bottle. if you run the overflow to the ground, itll never over flow on your pipes anyway. i even took the one off my 450 which got rode hard as fuck everyday, for many hours and i never had to refill the radiator. those bottles are pointless.

I got a relocation bracket. It also has a holder on it to keep 2 spare spark plugs. The bracket keeps the bottle in the stock location. Rocky mountain sells this bracket.

I would keep the bottle because if you notice that there is no colored liquid in it then you need to add some coolant. Other wise you will be taking off the radiator cover to check the coolant level every time. It keeps your radiator as full as possible, and also works like a sight glass.