GNCC Setup

EastCoast Banshee

Hey guys im looking to do a full XC setup this summer but i still want to be able to hit the track some. I know for sure in gonee go with a -2 Swing arm and elkas or tcs in the front. I was also looking into a set of Fox Float Shocks but i havent herd much about them so any info you know would be helpfull. As for up front i cant decided between +1 or +2 a-arms. But iv herd most tracks are designed for 50in quads so maybe thats not an issue. Also im gonna get a steering stabalizer. Well if anyone out there could help shed alittle light oon a good setup plz do im open to any suggestions. Thank in advance! :headbang:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+2 arms, and get new rims with a 4+1 offset. As far as floats go, I haven't seen anyone thats got them for the banshee yet (I haven't seen too many people that have them period). But every single person that I've seen that's gotten them for any quad raves about them. Im considering getting a pair.

Edited by dawarriorman

I had a -2 swing arm awhile and didnt like the loss of travel. Went to a -1. I raced my banshee in harescrambles for two years and liked that setup the best. Turns nice through the trees. I used noss steering stabilizer sold my sloppy gpr. I sent my rear shock to shane 200% better. The +2 +1 arms and -1 swing arm made a real nice center of gravity set up.

Thx ill have to consider a -1 instead. One other thing my stock shee is 42in wide with stock offset on the rims iv been looking at some brand new +3 Lonestar a-arms for 500$. do you think 48in is to wide for the woods bc for that price its very tempting not to get them.

4+1 offset rims, and you're only 46" wide, and you will get less feedback from the tires (puts the center line of the tires closer to the ball joints). Shoulld make it a little easier to turn.

Those Fox float shocks are pretty sweet, light weight and easy to adjust. A guy had them on a YFZ and Chris (ridingorhiding) rode it and said they were smoother than anything he's ridden (he runs triple or quad rate Elkas on Janssen LT arms), I didn't try them myself and don't know how well they hold up in the long run, but I would take a serious look at 'em...

I run a purty nice XC setup. im 50", and I have to adjust my lonestar's to run the track. I have a stock swinger...and she is real hard on me on the track. but in the desert, shee is one to recon with. the TCS's are a dream....yet I have yet to run elkas.

I also run 22" rear tires and 23" fronts, and without the width shee was hard as hell to keep on all fours. Once I got the +4 on her, man shee treaks like a car.

Also .... antivibe steering stem with a gpr stabalizer is freakin awesome. those along with tag2 fat bars have taken away all my arm pump. I can run 4 hours staight and get off my quad and do pushups. the 500 for the dampner is well worth the change.

the gpr is adjustable on the fly. and when Im running desert races, I change that bad boy from a 2 in the rock gardens to an 8 in the straights. and when its on 8 I can take my hands off the bars and shee treaks in a straight line. try that on a 150 dollar dampner at 90 miles an hour.