GNCC Setup

EastCoast Banshee

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what was the problem?

btw looks great!!!!

I was having issues with the wheels hitting the a-arms but its all good now. As for the floats i really want to get them but im thinking for alittle bit more i could get some TCS shocks with rezi that would preform better. Ill just have to see. :blink:

OK im so stumped right now.... I cant decide what shocks to get. Im looking to stay in the 750 range i really dont have the money to go any higher. So iv been looking at fox floats, works pro series, and elkas. For the money the works pro series look to be the best deal but from all the talk iv herd anything from works just isnt up to par with even lower end elkas and such. I really dont know what to do... So if any of you guys know whats the best for that kinda money it would really help. Im not gonna count fox floats out i just dont know if they will preform as well as a shock with rezzi, compression adjustments, and all tat other cool stuff. Also if you guys find any good deals on shocks be sure to send them my way. Kthx

Out of those 3, floats. I've had my mind set on TCS for a long time, but after riding a guys quad with floats on it a couple weekends ago, no question. Not to mention every person I've seen thats gotten them raves about them. Works, well, I've never been impressed with Works, they're good, but if I was going to spend money, I'd go with someone else. I had a pair, and they were better in the woods, but not leaps and bounds. And they bottomed just as easy as the stockers did. Pro series might be better, but I doubt it. And Elka has gotten too big IMO. They aren't custom built shocks anymore like they want you to think. They spend soo much money on advertising and sponsorships, thats what you're paying for now. Sure they're good, and I wouldn't mind having some, but I'll save my money for something else unless I come across a great deal.

Plus the ability to change the Fox shocks whenever you want just by adding a few psi sounds great.

Yeah im pretty dead set on fox floats now i spent the last hour looking and they seem to be the cheapest. On top of that i came across alot of reviews saying they were awsome. I guess ill try to order them from mxsouth.com unless anyone knows where i can get them for less than 625.

Edited by EastCoast Banshee

what ended up being the solution to your problem?

I finally just tightened everything up good and played around with all the fine adjutments untill i worked the problem out. Took 6 hours but its all good now. All i can say is its a night and day differance when riding with them. I cant wait to get shocks and see how it handels then. Even seemed to jump better.

I need to know this quick if anyone can help me i would really appriciate it. Its either fox floats for 700 or Elka Trip piggyback compression adjustment for 800. M thinking for the extra 100 elkas are gonna be way better. If anyone knowswhere i can get a better price plz fill em in also...