Da Vinci Code

warwgn

Religion is about control, no matter what religion it is! You do what it says you get rewarded, you go against it you get punished.

Just like santa claus, we use it to control children and make them be good, once they are to old for santa it switches to satan. They are both just stories to make us behave.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't mock you for your beliefs helldriver, you're certainly entitled to them.

Many deaths are directly attributed to religion, I'll strongly agree with you there. There are very few things in this world worth fighting for. Love and religion are certainly in the mix there.

Would you say that Marriages are evil too, since many are broken with divorce? These divorces lead to suicide, murder, psychological problems with children caught in the middle? Should we blame the institution of marriage, or actually hold the individuals accountable?

Personally, I don't think the US is over in Iraq and Afganistan spreading Christianity. However, if you look at the motivation behind all of the senseless killing on the other side of the field, religion portrayed as the primary motivator. They call it a war against the Crusaders, that we are there to kill Muslims.

As for Christianity's merit(s), are you open minded enough to research religion? Have you let the young Mormon kids in your home and given them a fair shake? Have you read anything from Crowley or studied Magick?

I don't see how you think believing in God is weak minded myself. Is it easier for you to believe that a mass spontaneously formed itself millions of years ago, grew to a gigantic mass and exploded, causing all of the stars and galaxies? Then, magically, earth formed with water, and all of the required resources to sustain life, the seasons, the distance from the sun, etc etc? To me, that's not much to base my idealogy on.

I'm not gonna spew Bible verses at you and tell you that you are destined for hell and all of that, or even tell you that you are wrong. But, I hope you give it more thought later down the road.

I challenge you to read the book I listed in my first post with an open mind. It was written by an Agnostic journalist. As he writes his book, he begins to believe in God.

Is it easier for you to believe that a mass spontaneously formed itself millions of years ago, grew to a gigantic mass and exploded, causing all of the stars and galaxies?  Then, magically, earth formed with water, and all of the required resources to sustain life, the seasons, the distance from the sun, etc etc?  To me, that's not much to base my idealogy on.

518121[/snapback]

Thats not an idea or magic, it's physics, and the earth took millions of years to form not 7 days. There is just a tad more proof in physics then the bible. Not bagging on you but if you want people to do research, you should do the same.

take away money, and the entire fatih falls apart

518108[/snapback]

I completely disagree with you there. Money and faith are normally at the opposite of the spectrum with each other. Some of the most devout faithful people in this world are in poor countries (India, Afghanistan, Iraq, Mexico). They don't have all of the material distractions from their faith. I use to use the money thing as an excuse not to go to church either and ridiculed organized religion. For me, it was simply an excuse not to go.

How many oil tycoons do you see offering their lives in suicide bombings against muslims?

Thats not an idea or magic, it's physics, and the earth took millions of years to form not 7 days. There is just a tad more proof in physics then the bible. Not bagging on you but if you want people to do research, you should do the same.

518123[/snapback]

So, explain to me the physics of the very beginning. It only leads to theories based on theories based on theories that can't explain the origin. That is why the term "Intelligent Design" was based. Because scientists couldn't explain the beginning.

another thing i find funny is that they bible pushers are willing to spend your life looking for little lopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates rcorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old,orYour face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you donteven flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

:rotflmao:

Edited by helldriver

Just watched a show last night and they were tearing don brown up. These people were doing everything they could to make sure people knew this book/movie is a big fake, and that all the statements he has as fact were wrong. I dont get it, who cares if it's true or not, what's the differance if jesus was married or not?? so what if he had kids or not, I dont see how that changes the world at all.

after more thought, what differance would it make if there were no god?? If some one proved without a doubt there was no god that it was all a big fake, what differance would it really make.

Other than the obvious loss of control and massive amount of money revenue that religion generates. All the churches would be usless, the priests would be out of work, all the money and power the vatican has would dissolve. Think of how much money is really tied up in religion and the support of it. All the churches and cathederals that have been built, all that money comes from regular people. If money is the root of all evil why is so much required by the church??

Anyway back on topic, would you really live you life different if there was no god? I would still do the same things I do now, work,rest,play it would make no diff to me at all. I think for most of the world it would be the same as well after the initial blah,blah was over everybody would go back to their normal lives. We have laws to govern ourselves, and i dont really think people think about god when they do something wrong, but they think i hope the cops dont catch me.

So what do you think, what would you do different if there was no god anymore? How much would your life change?

518048[/snapback]

I agree with you 98%

The only thing I'd change about what you wrote is the "money is the root of all evil" statement.

I feel that its the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Money itself can provide wonderful things to make ones life more comfortable, such as a Z06, or a 5000 sq ft house.

But if you love that money, more than you love your people, then it starts to become a problem.

I enjoy having some money, don't get me wrong, but I know I can always go get more if I absolutely have to. I don't ever want to be broke, I mostly just want to be comfortable.......on a $6000 leather couch watching a 106" plasma flat screen.

Helldriver the bible quotes you copied and pasted from an atheist site were totally taken out of context in order to present them as evil/ unfair autrocitys(sp) and some of which you posted isnt even correct at all ,yo u should actually study what yo u hate so much, if yo u wish to speak intelligently about it . the Old testament was ful lof things which alot of people today would consider to be barbaric, but if yo uread about those people and the wicked pre-flood world yo u would understand why these thigns happend in order to make way for the coming of Christ and the revamping of man ,i never read in the bible anywhere that stated life on earth was fair and theres only gonna be fuzzy bunnys to pet and no hardships,death or wars to fight . evolution contridicts itself and disproves itself scientificly over and over again ,the bible can be opend up read like a accurate history book . science proves these threorys to be just that- theorys -not fact (and far from it ) science can teach us no matter how man y times yo u repeat something yo u will get the same results,drop a penny o nthe floor over and over and it will fall straight down everytime al lthe time ,make a giant explosian over and over and it will always destroy and never create anything .breed a frog over and over and it will always prodcue a tadpole . surely we are nto the last of the evolution ,sruely theres super humans higher than us andf why do we stil have apes ? no misisng link to be found either after this happend a billion times supposedly ? just some old monkey bones based on a inaccurate ever changing carbon dating system that isnt even proven ot be correct . photosynthesis is a very complex process that could never begin to make a plant gradually,animals and plants solely reliant on other animals to live could never exist ,animal changes that were found were jus tin differntstages of their life cycles(egg,larvae,fly) and clearly not mutateing and so so so much more proof evoultion is a piss poor excuse for mankind to try to explai n away God . its funny how an athesit wil l go way out of his way to qucikly defend his belief in "nothing " :wacko:

i probably know more of this bullshit story book, than most followers

you just dont like the fact that YOU so called bible pushers are WRONG

there is so many inconsitensies in the bible, i dont now how anyone that has half a mind, could take it serouisly :huh:

and i love how you bible freaks deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existnce of yours

Edited by helldriver

i probably  know more of this  bullshit story book, than most followers

you just dont like the fact that YOU  so called bible pushers are WRONG

there is so many inconsitensies in the bible, i dont now how anyone that has half a mind, could take it serouisly :huh:

and i love how you bible freaks  deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existnce of yours

518191[/snapback]

the bible is accurate ,but yo u must first realize weather the scripture is speaking of a factual story or a life lesson that is implied . i dont deny man has tried to make up man y religions ,faiths and worshipped false idols ,mythology ,or various gods . i also dont deny the earth is very old and there were dinsosaurs and crawling things ,al l this is in the bible. one of the many problems is while modern science ca n conduct experiments on chemicals and attempts to puzzle togther a life form and prove it is scientific, it can never simulate or even come close by this logic ,there is a preprogrammed code beyond our understanding that is unexplaineable and cant be duplicated

The major difficulty in chemical evolution scenarios is how to account for the informational code of DNA without intelligence being a part of the equation. DNA carries the genetic code: the genetic blueprint for constructing and maintaining a biological organism. We often use the terms of language to describe DNA's activity: DNA is "transcribed" into RNA; RNA is "translated" into protein; geneticists speak of the "genetic code." All these words imply intelligence, and the DNA informational code requires intelligent preprogramming, yet a purely naturalistic beginning does not provide such input. Chemical experiments may be able to construct small sequences of nucleotides to form small molecules of DNA, but this doesn't make them mean anything. There is no source for the informational code in a strictly naturalistic origin of life.

im on your side helldriver, i live in utah and was told to beleive in a god that i cannot see and just couldnt force myself to do that as much as i wanted to fit in as a kid, and the real kicker for me when i was a kid i always wanted to know how they got all the animals on that damn boat, and it still makes no sense along with a ton of other stuff. and i get alot of shit for listening to alot of music that is anti religious bands. but its the only way you really can relate to how you think and feel without having somebody bitch at you and tell you your going to hell because you dont beleive. and im not real worried because i dont beleive hell. to me religion has caused alot more damage than good.

and its funny how we are supposed to beleive all this amazing shit happened, but it happened so long ago and no real proof of these things exist. and nothing that amazing happens now to document, or god is just being lazy now. i dont think so.

i think the the guys who cant see god therefore dont beleive, take for granted the air they breath, sometimes shit doesnt just happen, for years the've tried to imulate the big boom and get life from it, there has to be someone or something above us, ive yet to see a fosil of a half monkey, half fish, so that pretty much blows eveloution out the window, i want one of you to eplain to me how man ended up on earth............ so far a god is the winningest bet...............