Da Vinci Code

warwgn

Just watched a show last night and they were tearing don brown up. These people were doing everything they could to make sure people knew this book/movie is a big fake, and that all the statements he has as fact were wrong. I dont get it, who cares if it's true or not, what's the differance if jesus was married or not?? so what if he had kids or not, I dont see how that changes the world at all.

after more thought, what differance would it make if there were no god?? If some one proved without a doubt there was no god that it was all a big fake, what differance would it really make.

Other than the obvious loss of control and massive amount of money revenue that religion generates. All the churches would be usless, the priests would be out of work, all the money and power the vatican has would dissolve. Think of how much money is really tied up in religion and the support of it. All the churches and cathederals that have been built, all that money comes from regular people. If money is the root of all evil why is so much required by the church??

Anyway back on topic, would you really live you life different if there was no god? I would still do the same things I do now, work,rest,play it would make no diff to me at all. I think for most of the world it would be the same as well after the initial blah,blah was over everybody would go back to their normal lives. We have laws to govern ourselves, and i dont really think people think about god when they do something wrong, but they think i hope the cops dont catch me.

So what do you think, what would you do different if there was no god anymore? How much would your life change?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are all deep questions, especially for HQ.

I use to live as you described. Live for now without regard to its purpose. I made really good money, had a hot girlfriend, a kid, lots of toys. But no matter how much money I had or the possessions I acquired, something was always lacking in my life. I guess I've always believed in God, but figured I'd live life on my own terms and come to my own rules about what was right or wrong, or what is realistic for me in terms of committment to him.

That went on for several years, until the summer that Mars was so prominent in the sky a couple of years ago. I bought my kids one of those crappy telescopes, and we went outside to check out the stars and stuff. Then, of course, my 2 year old son just had to ask where all of those stars came from. When I told him that God made them, I felt rather awkward, because I knew it to be true, but failed to live my life in a way that gave him credit for it.

The next week I was at church.

Money is the root of all evil.......well, many atrocities committed in the world are over money and power. Not that I judge them personally, but look at what fame and money have done to people like Jessica Simpson or Britney Spears, once self-proclaimed prude virgins....now are famous almost entirely due to their sex appeal. I read somewhere about the bankruptcy rate for lottery winners, it was horrendous.

The act of donating a good portion of your income is a way to remove the importance of money and not be such a slave to it. It's also a way to give thanks for all of the blessings that you do have.

Hopefully, this doesn't come across as holier than thou. Trust me, I struggle with my own demons. I can't help it, I love the vagina and banshees far more than I should.

One book that helped me along the way was "The Case for Faith" by Lee Strobel. Normally when I read, it's a magazine or messageboard. But, I couldn't put that book down.

Is that what the movie is about, god and jesus and religious stuff? :shrugani:

How bout that queer cowboy movie, brokeback bareback mountain or some shit. Wtf was the big deal with that flick? Damn *****get cowboys. :rotflmao:

Edit: you cant type *****get? :rotflmao:

odaen, well thats my point, you just gonna lay down and die if theres no God? I doubt it, your still gonna love your kids and still ride the banshee right. So whats the difference if there is a god or not?

odaen, well thats my point, you just gonna lay down and die if theres no God? I doubt it, your still gonna love your kids and still ride the banshee right. So whats the difference if there is a god or not?

518065[/snapback]

Some people view the movie as a mockery of their religion. Did you see the muslim people when those cartoons were published in the European papers?

There are a handful of things that I try to never mock, one of them is religion.

And to answer your question, if there were no God, and I was wrong, then I'll have lived my life with less stress and worry than the average person, and hopefully have focused my life on important things. It would also suck, because I'd have nobody to blame about losing the f'n lottery every week.

Religion as a topic on the HQ??? :blink:

518070[/snapback]

haha where have you been? religion is a constant topic here at the HQ for whatever reason. just look one thread down in the roosting room at the three-6 mafia thread.

good post odaen.

i think what people forget is that for many, their religion is their way of life, not just a hobby. and they live their lives not necessarialy dependant on their being a god, but by what his teachings have given them; their morals, values, general beliefs. if it were proven that there were no actual god, all those things wouldnt necessarily disappear or change for them.

the idea of what the da vinci code tells of is offensive to some who believe that jesus was more than just a man. :shrugani:

I admire odaen for his faith and point of view,its pretty obvious the world would be a scary place with no christianity .sometimes It isnt till you have a life changing event that opens your heart and makes your realize Gods presence ,at that point you begin to understand living for yourself and your own ideals isnt cutting it and doesnt satisfy man's thirst for happiness .Even though yo ucant go without sinning the closer you are to your creator the happier you will be i nthis short life ... as far as the divinci code ,it is the ultimate blasphemy to Gods word ,it is basiclly a holly wood fabrication of the events that took place 2000 years ago i n the bible and the Holy bible is Gods word . the church is only trying to hel p people realize it is fiction and shouldnt be treated as the untold secret truth . the churches understand todays society takes everythign they see on tv and read i n the bookstore as fact and that issue definitly needs to be addressed so the world is not mislead and degrades and twists the truth . IMO Money is truely the root of all evil and only corrupts and causes greed and seperation fro m God .There is a reason al l humans have a born sense of love and desire to do good and no animal shares this

this world sufferfs from christianty, its pathetci attempt to brain wash people

man when your fuckin dead, your fuckin dead

no pearly gates, no cluds

just like the dead sea scrolls, no religion wants to admit its excistance , cause it would show how fuckin wrong reilgion has been, and how it has changed from its orignal way

once again religion is for weak mionded fools that blindly follow

this world sufferfs from christianty, its pathetci attempt to brain wash people

man when your fuckin dead, your fuckin dead

no pearly gates, no cluds

just like the dead sea scrolls, no religion wants to admit its excistance , cause it would show how fuckin wrong reilgion has been, and how it has changed from its orignal way

once again religion is for weak mionded fools that blindly follow

518099[/snapback]

oh yea cause believing in magick and being a follower of this guy makes MUCH more sense

Aleister_Crowley_4.png

:wacko:

fuckin hypocrat

i dont belive in some hyprocyical god that does not even exist, i dont worship apeice of shit on a stick,,

i dont need a god to solve my problems

and again brookie, you didnt look up anton Levay either,, for shame,,,,

and if anyone is a poser hyprocrite its you with you gay little jesus loves you siggy thing, then defend the peice of shit

and if christianity is right,, then what aboutt he jews, or the musluims, or the buddas? they all think they are right?

religon has caused more deaths than any thing else combined,,

and they all fight about who is right

hopefully they will kill each other in a big battle

that would be metal as hell -l-

Edited by helldriver

I really think the world would be better off with out religon, there would have been a lot less wars. The muslims wouldnt hate us, the crusades would not have happened, and maybe hitler would never have come to power. We would fight wars for good reason like more land,and more money, or more oil. We do anyway, at least it would be more honest why we are doing it, and would end quicker. Plus all the witch trials wouldnt have happened with out the idea of evil and all that crap.

i dont belive in some hyprocyical god that does not even exist, i dont worship  apeice of shit on a stick,,

i dont need a god to solve my problems

and again brookie, you didnt look up anton Levay either,, for shame,,,,

and if anyone is a poser hyprocrite its you with you gay little jesus loves you siggy thing, then defend the peice of shit

518104[/snapback]

the sig gif is a fucking joke, get over it.

i am not religious, i dont know much at all about religion. what i do know is that other people's religious beliefs do deserve a degree of respect. and to go around calling them weak and stupid for their beliefs and saying god is a piece of shit, is childish, especially considering the beliefs you study. not only can you not explain them to anyone but you cant seem to grasp the concept of hypocracy here.

are you 12 or just really stupid??

religion is also the biggest money making scam ever

just look at all these old people they trick into giving money to and some basically seel the homes, and everthing for religion, to me thats reallys elling your soul

money and religion go hand and hand

take away money, and the entire fatih falls apart