2007 banshee ?

anyone see in dirtwheels first few pages... they are saying they might be a 07 banshee with a phazer motor in it... 499cc of fourstroke twin cyl power.. i think if this happens it will suck cus its not a "banshee " unless its twin cyls of fire breathing smoke polluting 2 stroke power...

I think they were saying "IF" another banshee comes out this would be the motor to use.

If they put that motor in it with a 6 speed, and kept the same styling with better suspention it would be killer :headbang:

only time will tell, but I say not likely ;)

Yeah, it won't really come out. Just another crazy concept someone has dreamed up. Why would they make a 500 twin when they already have the YFZ and the 700R. No point. They have a race bike and a big bore. If they were going to make a twin, it would have something to do with the 700 engine or something like that. I'm not saying they wont find something to replace the shee, but it wont be anything like that. Who would want a 500 twin 4 stroke on a Banshee anyway. Yeah right... They know something like that wont sell.

I dunno fellas...I am a 2-Stroke freak but 80HP is 80HP no matter how you chop it up. 80HP with 4-stroke torque might be a pretty nice combination.

Yea...I took a look at the Phazer 500cc 4-stk and its rated at 80HP...Pretty impressive IMO.

There is alot of chatter about this among dealers as well...May not be a pipe dream/BS...

Brad

I would be interested for sure. It doesn't make sense for Yamaha to drop the Banshee name and styling overnight. Afterall, if it wasn't for the Banshee keeping the sport quad market open for Yamaha up until the 450 and Raptor showed up, where would Yamaha be?

I took a look at the new Phazer the other day at the stealership where i bought my shee, it looks like a pretty badass sno-x sled, but to covert it to a new banshee? quite a strech if you ask me. Dirtwheels likes to throw those photoshop specials in there once and a while, just to make people like us do a double take. like WTF! :o ...they're just f'n w/ us.

Edited by AssWhore