Crew Cab Compact Trucks

I am looking at getting a Chevy Colorado or the GMC Canyon Crew Cab Truck.

Does anyone out there have one of these trucks to carry their quad?

The measurments are:

57 inches wide and 61 inches long and add 18 inches for the tailgate height (about 80 inches total).

I have a stock banshee.

The dimensions are:

43 inches wide and 73 inches long.

The specs on paper look like it will fit (with the tailgate down), But I'd hate to get the truck and find out it doesn't.

I don't want to use a trailer...I have a hard time to stash the shee, none-the-less a trailer...

Or if anyone has any other suggestions on a crew cab compact truck (like Toyota or Nissan?).

Pictures would be great!!

Thanks,

Alan

I've got the 05 dakota club cab. It has the full size bed, so there is plenty of room to haul the shee. There is enough room in the back seat to haul stuff like tools, riding gear, or whatever else you might need, but it's not quite big enough to haul full sized adults very comfortably for any length of time.

By the way, the truck you are thinking of actually aren't categorized as compacts. These actually fit into a mid-size class. The compacts are more like your S-10's and rangers.

My dad uses the colorado at work, and its a piece of shit. I know Car and Driver also said its the lowest quality small truck out there, the hood vibrates at highway speeds, the interior panels don't fit together, and have broke, and its underpowered as hell.

The Tacoma crew cab I know can fit a quad in the bed with the tailgate closed.

Buy a full size and quit screwing around. The gas mileage is not that much different if you stay with a half ton and you'll be a lot happier.

508744[/snapback]

I agree. When it was time for me to get a truck, I wouldn't look at anything else but full size. I knew there was enough room in the bed for the quad, and I have PLENTY of pulling power for the 16 foot trailer packed with quads. It's a win/win situation. I picked up my 96 GMC Sierra (5.7L V8) for 7,500 bucks...had 152,000 miles on it and I'm at 170,000 now; runs like a champ, everything inside the engine is still original :cheers:

Just to let you know, you might be a little shy in the width department. Banshees with stock a-arms are 43.3" wide. For what its worth I have a Chevy S-10 step side and it barely squeezes in there, and I really mean barely! Make sure you look into it. Also, I'd be wary of the inline 5 cylinder engine, thats just my .02.

Buddy of mine has a colorado, the inline 5 is actually pretty damn fast, but the truck is a piece of shit, has 32,000 miles on it already needed a new engine. Interior has fallen apart, exterior is falling apart. Granted he bought it the first model year, but still its a shitty truck with a fast but shitty motor in it.

Buddy of mine has a colorado, the inline 5 is actually pretty damn fast, but the truck is a piece of shit, has 32,000 miles on it already needed a new engine. Interior has fallen apart, exterior is falling apart. Granted he bought it the first model year, but still its a shitty truck with a fast but shitty motor in it.

509052[/snapback]

I know someone who used to have one. The thing was back at the dealer so often for repairs he finally told them to shove it up their ass. I vote full size. I have a 2002 1/2 ton chevy 4x4 with the 5.3 liter, and I get pretty good milage as long as I'm not in the throttle too much. It's not a crew cab, but there is quite a bit of room in the extra cab of the chevys,(My kids fit fine) and it has the two little suicide doors for the back seat.

I'd stay with full size too

if gas milage is an issue then go with the F150 with the 4.6 V6. Then you get the room of a full size and milage of a smaller truck.

I hate the gas milage of my truck but will not get rid of it because it's so much roomier then a small truck, that v6 one might be my next

:cheers:

I used to own a newer body s-10 and I tell you the best thing that ever happend to it was those people who cut infront of me and totaled it. That thing was such a peice of shit I thhought that it had a 4 cylinder in it, boy was I surprised after about a year of driving it popping the hood for the first time and counting 6 spark plugh wires