Crew Cab Compact Trucks

mine does what I want. proposely bought it just so I didn't have to lug other people's crap. just enough room for boots, bike and ramps. But like a dumbass, I got a trailer, so I'm still lugging other people's crap. :shrugani:

Edited by pipebomb

if you are buying small truck go import it will last longer,

509133[/snapback]

I've never understood why people say that. Just about every vehicle I've ever had left with over 150,000 miles and never needed anything other than wear items replaced ie tires, brake pads... My truck I have now is an F150 and I was just talking to a guy the other day and I told him I was planning on driving it till 200,000 miles and he said on that 5.4 that won't be a problem at all he gets them in all the time with over 300,000 miles on them. He also made the comment that even though I've got 140,000 on mine it still looks like it's only got 20,000. The only thing I've ever had to do engine wise was valve cover gaskets on a Ranger that thing was bought with 90,000 and sold with 154,000 and it also sold for $1000 less than what I originally bought it for. :shrugani:

I still say that's untrue. The people I know with imports spend more time at the shop than any of my vehicles ever have. Let alone the fact that you're supporting non US companies.

511317[/snapback]

Oh no, heres that whole not supporting the usa again. Look, most imports are made over here (tacoma) using more domestic made parts than american car companies. The money stays over here.

That and generally foreign companies use better components on the vehicle. Your door locks, handles, window motors, all the switches everywhere, brakes, power steering pumps. Stuff like that I can't count how many times Ive seen an american car have problems with stuff like that. Anybody had any problems with the top of the door leaking on the full size chevy truck? I know of several people whose weather stripping after about a year stopped sealing the door.

That and generally foreign companies use better  components on the vehicle.  Your door locks, handles, window motors, all the switches everywhere, brakes, power steering pumps.  Stuff like that I can't count how many times Ive seen an american car have problems with stuff like that.  Anybody had any problems with the top of the door leaking on the full size chevy truck?  I know of several people whose weather stripping after about a year stopped sealing the door.

511347[/snapback]

I've heard that before and I think it's somewhat a myth. My truck was built here, I know many people who work at the plants that made the parts for Ford also. Never had any problems with any of the stuff that you are talking about either. Every Ford vehicle my family has owned has been a great vehicle with little to no problems. Can't say the same about my sisters Trailblazer or Monte Carlo's though, they had all kinds of problems within 15,000 miles.