whats the best front and rear sprocket

redcell43

need to know teeth for front and rear. not much draging more playing out in the dunes. i was thinking of 43 or 44 rear and a 14 front. with a non o ring chain. and another question what is the best chain to buy (brand) non oring and what length for stockswing arm. thanks :cheers:

With a piped banshee, I'd run stock gearing with some 20" haulers, or even jump down a tooth in the front. I've heard somewhere, may have been here, that running a larger front sprocket and going larger on the rear to accomodate it will improve your chain life from not being stressed with such a tight radius on the front sprocket.

oh, and the ERT chains from DID are non o-ring, and hold up rather well.

Edited by odaen

I run PRIMARY DRIVE sprockets and gold o-ring chain that rockey mountain atv sells. Inexpesive and good quality. Stock chain size is 520x104 length. Most non o-ring chains will stretch like a MF'er on every ride requireing a lot more adjustment and wear out much faster, like 4x faster. I like the Gold chain because it doesn't rust and is easier to clean. With 20" tires in the sand I thought the stock 14/41 gearing was just a tad to tall but 13/41 was geared down too much except for long steep hill climbs. I like my 13/41 now with 21x12x8 9p extremes. So I would recommend about 14/43 with 20" tires. For me, I did better on steep sand hill climbs when I geared down but for typical play duning it was a little low geared so you had to shift alot more. Higher or Lower gearing has its advantages and disadvantages, you just gear it towards the type of riding you want it to perform best.

AS stated above go with an X ring chain or O ring chain. I use the DID X ring chain. Much heavier duty than the cheapy non o ring DID chain I used before. I only ride in the dunes so I thought sand would get into everything, so the chain did'nt matter. Like Duc man said the non ring chains stretch all the time and don't last as long.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...