Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, well I spent 1500 for a stroker, then another 1500 in additional mods to get it to run right, which I had to do on my own, and I don't blame my builder, BUT I asked for more low end, crisp throttle response, strong midrange.....my stock cylinders, w head mods puts out more low end hp and torque below 6000rpms...how does a builder or me fuck that up, when I've tried 4 different size carbs, ran over 40 hours on a dyno testing and tuning, all summer field testing and jetting, tried pyramids reeds, deltas, larger intakes, reed spacers, now I just bought some different pipes....when does it end????? NO matter what mods I put on in any combination, I cannot get back my power below 6000rpms, never mind gain over what I had....so YES, my builder is responsible when I deeply concerned him that I did NOT want to lose any low end and wanted more, and that I didn't care about top end.....you still think its my fault? I understand the predicament they are in, but if they don't know how to port for low end, then DON'T ruin someone else's cylinders.....least he could do is swap me back another set of stock cylinders and give me back my money..

Ok, well I spent 1500 for a stroker, then another 1500 in additional mods to get it to run right, which I had to do on my own, and I don't blame my builder, BUT I asked for more low end, crisp throttle response, strong midrange.....my stock cylinders, w head mods puts out more low end hp and torque below 6000rpms...how does a builder or me fuck that up, when I've tried 4 different size carbs, ran over 40 hours on a dyno testing and tuning, all summer field testing and jetting, tried pyramids reeds, deltas, larger intakes, reed spacers, now I just bought some different pipes....when does it end????? NO matter what mods I put on in any combination, I cannot get back my power below 6000rpms, never mind gain over what I had....so YES, my builder is responsible when I deeply concerned him that I did NOT want to lose any low end and wanted more, and that I didn't care about top end.....you still think its my fault? I understand the predicament they are in, but if they don't know how to port for low end, then DON'T ruin someone else's cylinders.....least he could do is swap me back another set of stock cylinders and give me back my money..

295803[/snapback]

Banchetta,

My comments are not meant to be taken personally. But, if they apply, go ahead and take them that way.

As for your specific case, are you familiar with your builders work? Does one of your friends run his engine? How did you decide that he could give you what you want? I guess what I am asking is, has he successfully done, in the past, what you are asking him to do, now?

It

Banchetta,

My comments are not meant to be taken personally. But, if they apply, go ahead and take them that way.

As for your specific case, are you familiar with your builders work? Does one of your friends run his engine? How did you decide that he could give you what you want? I guess what I am asking is, has he successfully done, in the past, what you are asking him to do, now?

It

that shit sucks. im in agreement with banchetta. i know exactly how he feels in this situation. i however, didnt let it go as far as going thru all those different setups. i got sick of it after 5 months and cant even imagine what banchetta has gone thru. it def sounds worse than my experience.

that shit sucks. im in agreement with banchetta. i know exactly how he feels in this situation. i however, didnt let it go as far as going thru all those different setups. i got sick of it after 5 months and cant even imagine what banchetta has gone thru. it def sounds worse than my experience.

295836[/snapback]

I knew I could make you feel better.... :cheers:

I'm starting to doubt that it's even possible to "port for low end". I think you'll get the best low end with stock porting, or maybe a basic clean-up job. The way I look at it, is if you want top end, you have to sacrifice low end and vice versa.

295890[/snapback]

I agree.

No, I dont agree the stock motor has the most low end power. I agree that there arent any hardcore low end ports out there. I also agree that if you want low end, ur gonna have to sacrifice on top, and if you want top end, ur gonna have to sacrifice on bottom.  If you want your cylinders hogged out to get alot of power, 9 out of 10 times its going to be a top end port. And yes, the Eric Gorr port has alot of low end power. More low end power than a passion motor does. I think that these builders that preach about how their porting has lots of bottom end is a joke. I believe that if you dont get a specified woods or MX style port, then there's not gonna be a whole lot of bottom end involved. My woods port came on strong on the dyno around 4500. My bros came on aroun 7500. Mine hit quicker, resulting in more bottom end. But his also had 20 HP than mine did. Hes got a top end port.

295912[/snapback]

OK That makes a little more sense. I agree with what you are saying, except when you say that Gorr has more low end power than a Passion, unless you have compared both of their MX/Woods port jobs. I know you guys are at odds with Passion, but come on. Let

loco, the fact of the matter is, whether or not you are happy, or not happy with Jim's work, you have been flat out degrading a member of this board.  With damn near every chance you get.  I know opinions change.  And everyone is always in search of more and more power.  It's a disease, that starts when you first sling your leg over a bike.  I Have been watching this unfold, and in the world of porting, nd searching for more power, you gotta bite the bullet sometimes.  Some can handle it, and some can't.  I don't understand that if you were dissatisfied with the engine's performance, why didn't you send it back?  You buy a new car, if you are pissed about it, do you sell it?  No.,  You take it back to the dealer.  The people that sold it to you.  So, I am thinking you should have at least gave Jim a chance to possibly see what is/was fucked up before you went arount slamming his business.  That's all.  It got me going a little bit after awhile.  You can't go around slamming people when you don't give them a chance to make it right.  :flush:  Hind sight is always 20-20.  :cheers:

294838[/snapback]

damm i just read this whole mess ......Boonie pegged it dead on, SEND JIM THE FUCKING BIKE. have him build the shit out of it, at one point its shit or get off the pot, if all he does is grind your juggs he's so far fuckin removed from what ever the fuck your doing, my bike runs great, but if it didnt.....i would have worked with jim and he me, to get me what i wanted, NEVER would i bad mouth his skills cause im sending him my jugs and hopeing for the best, i think ten of us said run a fucking 50 piliot but its still a 45?..........Boon pulling all those post's reminded me of just how bad a fucker Jim really is.........thanks Boonie, for shedding light on this bullshit.........oh and Merry Christmas everyone

I feel that I can make a general statement like that. Because of the fact that I have both ridden a Gorr ported bike, and a Passion ported bike through the same trails, and the Gorr ported bike had more bottom end. And the Passion ported bike had more top end. I havent said anything negative about Passion porting. All im sayin is that I have ridden both, and I know which one has more bottom end through the trails.

295917[/snapback]

Are you not aware that there are different types of porting? That Passion you rode was not a