Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep everyone, boon got me. i honestly have no idea what im talking about in any of my posts. :( truth is when i sent my shit to jim it was mildy ported. got it back and sure i was impressed with the power for a while. until i realized that something wasnt right with it. no matter what i did the rather large dead spot wouldnt come out of it. i asked for help from everyone who had theirs runing right(BD, Proquad and of course the great ol jim himself). well none were of any help to me. and as a matter of fact jim was the least help. sure the guy answers his phone and messages, doesnt mean he can help you. so i said fuck it and had some other shit done to the cylinders for the hell of it, just to see if i could get anything more out of them. i did not start changing things until i had tried all other options. still i wasnt happy. so i sold them. i still say with all the people out there that cant get their wonderful passion strokers running right, that there is something more to it than jetting or whatever is claimed to be the problem now. people change their minds about things all the time, just like i did. ill admit i was impressed for a while. until i realized that a 4mm stroker setup shouldnt run like that, and i can assure you that my new setup doesnt. so all you haters go on thinkin what you want about me, cuz either way i dont really care what you think about me. so please, feel free to all jump on me now, be gentle tho... :cry:

:P

loco, the fact of the matter is, whether or not you are happy, or not happy with Jim's work, you have been flat out degrading a member of this board. With damn near every chance you get. I know opinions change. And everyone is always in search of more and more power. It's a disease, that starts when you first sling your leg over a bike. I Have been watching this unfold, and in the world of porting, nd searching for more power, you gotta bite the bullet sometimes. Some can handle it, and some can't. I don't understand that if you were dissatisfied with the engine's performance, why didn't you send it back? You buy a new car, if you are pissed about it, do you sell it? No., You take it back to the dealer. The people that sold it to you. So, I am thinking you should have at least gave Jim a chance to possibly see what is/was fucked up before you went arount slamming his business. That's all. It got me going a little bit after awhile. You can't go around slamming people when you don't give them a chance to make it right. :flush: Hind sight is always 20-20. :cheers:

Edited by boonman

loco, the fact of the matter is, whether or not you are happy, or not happy with Jim's work, you have been flat out degrading a member of this board.  With damn near every chance you get.  I know opinions change.  And everyone is always in search of more and more power.  It's a disease, that starts when you first sling your leg over a bike.  I Have been watching this unfold, and in the world of porting, nd searching for more power, you gotta bite the bullet sometimes.  Some can handle it, and some can't.  I don't understand that if you were dissatisfied with the engine's performance, why didn't you send it back?  You buy a new car, if you are pissed about it, do you sell it?  No.,  You take it back to the dealer.  The people that sold it to you.  So, I am thinking you should have at least gave Jim a chance to possibly see what is/was fucked up before you went arount slamming his business.  That's all.  It got me going a little bit after awhile.  You can't go around slamming people when you don't give them a chance to make it right.  :flush:  Hind sight is always 20-20.  :cheers:

294838[/snapback]

well said

yes jim offered to trade them out with me, which was good of him. i would have but i had already gone and tinkered with them. i still say there is a problem with the porting and if someone asks about passion ill flat out tell them, and there isnt a fucking thing anyone can do about it. if you dont like it, thats just too damn bad. and everyone acts like im the only one not satisfied with my passion shit. well thats just not true, im just the only one who choses to talk about it. there are a lot of passion engines out there that arent running how they were claimed to be running. sorry, but its the flat out truth. and im sorry, but i think a builder should be knowledgable enough about his own work to where he can offer solutions to problems. and dont act like im the only one who had the problem. at least 4 people had the same problem. where was he to help fix it? why did he have no answer? he was of no help to me when i was trying to get my passion engine dialed in for at least 5 months. all that happened was that i got blamed for not knowing how to tune an engine. well gee, there are alot of guys out there that cant tune then because there are several not more than 30 mins from me who cant get their tuned right either. i find it funny they all have passion engines. like i said before, opinions and shit changes. i was happy at first, then i wasnt after trying to tune for 5 months. anyone else would be pissed off too.

A little known fact about your motor Loco is that it has been sold(by you), installed, tuned and the new owner is estatic with the performance. As for building you another motor after you had it re-ported(which I told you in advance not to do), I would have been happy to back it up even then, but you started bashing me and even then, you turned down the offer. I could have helped you re-configure after the triple ports but your goal by then was to just slam me relentlessly...Jim

Edited by PassionRE

A little known fact about your motor Loco is that it has been sold(by you), installed, tuned and the new owner is estatic with the performance. As for building you another motor after you had it re-ported(which I told you in advance not to do), I would have been happy to back it up even then, but you  started bashing me and even then, you turned down the offer. I could have helped  you  re-configure after the triple ports but your goal by then was to just slam me relentlessly...Jim

295219[/snapback]

great jim, im really happy for him. im glad he could find some usefullness out of those cylinders, but i couldnt. you were absolutely no help to me during the tuning of that engine. no help. you had no offering as to what might be wrong. am i lying here? you said oh it could be domes, oh it could be jetting, oh it could be this and that. there was no real help. and if you knew what the problem was why didnt you tell me so i could fix it? why dont you help these other people who are having problems? whats the secret since you seem to know it? well i think you are full of shit. i dont think you have any idea why these engines arent running how they are supposed to. dont act like im the only one that had problems, because you know damn well i wasnt. so once again for the record, when someone asks me about passion engines i will surely tell them my experiences with them. and once again, not you nor anyone else will stop me.

I can completely understand what Loco is going through. I had a motor that I absolutely loved and decided to get more power. I went w/ a local porter that was very reputable. I had him port it, stroke it,etc. He promised more bottom end, more torque, blah blah blah.....Well, I put the motor in the frame and hated it. Spent about another 1200 in mods and finally got rid of my dead spot w/ a set of heads from Noss. (thanks Dave!!!). But reality was that my builder had no answers for me either. I was like "what the fuck". Now I've tried a few other strokers and mine is one of the slowest. Now I'm thinking of having someone report my cylinders...my builder promised more low end, but I actually lost low end. My hp is only better from 7000rpms and higher where my old setup had more low end below 6500rpms. Same as the torque...how does a builder fuck that up??? NOt to say is doesn't know what he's talking about, but I know what loco is going through....maybe some people have different meanings for low end, I don't know. I guess we weren't on the same page, but my builder won't even try to reconfigure my porting. He's lost....It just sucks spending over 3000 in a motor to get another 10hp at peak rpms but lost 5hp on the bottom where I need it the most...I to do alot of technical hill climbing where low end and throttle response is crutial. Most people just look for top end, but I'd love to find someone that could build a motor from hell w/ lots of bottom and smooth power to the top...I"m done rambling now, just thought I'd throw in my experience and dissappointments of my builder...

I Hear ya Jason, but Apparently Jim offered to have a look see at the problem, and that offfer was refused. I guess if you are that mad at someone, who gives a #$%^&????? Right??? Oh well. I've said my peace on it. Just trying to get to the bottom of all the misconceptions on this topic. It has been one of a heated debate. :confused: To each their own..... :shrugani:

well see, that is the problem. jim doesnt know the problem. that is why there are so many passion engines out there that arent running to their claimed output. he gave me the run around about domes, jetting, and other things that might possibly be the problem. he didnt know what was wrong and to this day still doesnt. he offered to swap them out after i had messed with them, not before and i told him not to worry about it because they had already been messed with and because i was tired of fucking with them. i dont really wanna fight about this, just makin sure everyone knows what happened.

At least Jim wanted to try a swap, thats more than what my builder has done for me. Not even on the phone, he just looks at me, speechless. After I ask him about the porting specs, he sais. "well......it's a basic mx port out of a book..." WTF!!!!! BASIC!!!! yea basic bullshit....I asked him if you could change something..." what do you want me to do??" is what he ask me...... <_< Suddenly I feel like I know more than he does....Alright, I'm done crying now.. :cry: Time to get another plan together to wip Rods ass!!! :dance: