Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone get theres running top notch yet?  Also what you do to get it run great?  Also Jim you figure or here from anyone best setup.  I know this thing has great potential.  Hauls ass on top just wont get off the line.

292342[/snapback]

good luck man. what kinda gearing you tryin to pull with it?

15t front and stock rear

292472[/snapback]

it wont pull a 15 tooth off the line? is this in dirt or sand? it shouldnt have any problem pullin just a 15 tooth. whats your jetting at? when i had my passion cylinders i ran a 45 pilot, 172 main, needle in the midde, 2.5 out on the air screw at 1000 feet above sea level.

Tisk tisk, another person that cant get his passion cylinders to run right.. Somethin has to be way off. It should easily pull a 15 tooth front sprocket. Especially if Banshee17Racing is pullin one with stock jugs.

292607[/snapback]

I was pulling 16/40 with my bored stock jugs could still wheelie in 4th gear with a little arm pull. But then maybe it was because of my 916's and the 35mm CV-2? :shrugani:

PJ34's 50 pilots, 175 mains, needle in the middle with a pro-design foam filter, air box lid removed. Tommey T5's, 180psi at sealevel using av gas mixed at 40:1.

Runs all good as long as I keep my airfilter clean

I only have an MX port though so my setup might not mean that much to you since you have a drag port

if its a full drag port you might just be screwed on the bottom end. jim cant help you? i cant imagine that...

banshee17racing, i know you are just kidding but on a serious note i have my banshee runnin again after a local builder who knew what they were doing ported my cylinders and it took all of about 15 minutes to get this thing jetted right on. pulls twice as hard as my passion stuff did. its really funny how all these people doubt my jetting abailities yet we have 6 quads and 1 bike in the garage that i jetted in which run excellent! i love the excuses people find about why i couldnt get my passion jugs to run. :lol:

If its a drag port its not going to have much low end. Mayve you need more clutch to keep the revs up. What jetting are you at now?

loco-alittle insight on why people may doubt your tuning abilities. Its either you, some guy they dont know at all, or jim, a guy who they have actually talked to and who built them a very fast engine that they are more than happy with. My engine from him is rediculously powerful and easy to tune, so i have no reason to believe jim would make a slow engine. When I hear some guy I dont know at all saying theyre no good, I have no reason to believe him becuase my experience has been totaly different. But what would I know im just an idiot with pussy ported passion jugs...

If its a drag port its not going to have much low end.  Mayve you need more clutch to keep the revs up.  What jetting are you at now?

loco-alittle insight on why people may doubt your tuning abilities.  Its either you, some guy they dont know at all, or jim, a guy who they have actually talked to and who built them a very fast engine that they are more than happy with.  My engine from him is rediculously powerful and easy to tune, so i have no reason to believe jim would make a slow engine.  When I hear some guy I dont know at all saying theyre no good, I have no reason to believe him becuase my experience has been totaly different.  But what would I know im just an idiot with pussy ported passion jugs...

292729[/snapback]

yes you are right, you are an idiot with pussy ported passion jugs. so now im not the only one with jetting issues huh? its obvious that im not cuz cam started this thread. and id be willing to bet there are others that just dont say anything about theirs. all id have to do is find the 15 page long thread about jetting thep assion stroker and i could tell you who all couldnt get theirs to run. you can doubt me all you want...but i dont win damn near every hillclimb i enter because i cant jet..and thats not just on my banshee.. thats on my cr500 banshee and my 450 too. so you seriously think i have no idea how to jet anything?? get real man. do you think i really wanted to spend 500 bucks on a port job to not be able to jet? get real again. i tried to make the best of it but couldnt get anymore out of it. like ive said 1 million times. im more than happy you got yours running right. what im saying is that there must be a problem with the porting to have so many people who cant get theirs running right..i guess all those people are jetting ignorant too right?

d34, i tried 3 different needles. couldnt give you the exact letters on them tho. id have to go check in the jet box. really all 3 ran about the same so i just put the ones back in that came with the carbs. help any??

I think its funny.. A passion motor is so easy to tune, but there are always threads about getting it to run right. :confused: I think I remember a thread a while ago that had pages after pages of people tryin to get it to run right.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...topic=32066&hl=

I believe that is it. Rebel, you got urs running right cuz ur an allstar. :shrugani: Glad its running good for you though.

ok i just went thru all 15 pages of that thread. heres al ist of people who didnt have thier tuned right and had many many questions.

schizo, cjm02ram, 23champ, reded, prichard9966, oilsmoke, 420 racing.

maybe some of them having theirs runnin right now..but i know that 23champ, reded and cjm dont.

so tell me i cant jet with a list like this. how can you even argue that shit? and by the way 23champ and reded are champion hillclimbers with very built cr500 bikes. i dont think they couldve won championship hillclimbs not knowing how to jet. so what im sayin is, there is a problem with the porting.

What people don't understand is that porting at the very best of the porters ability may not be able to duplicate his best work spot on every time. This may be loco's case as well as a few others. 2 juggs from the same porter doesn't mean they are indentical in performance and/or tuning. This is not something new BTW, this has gone on as long as motors have been ported. I'm sure most people or would hope know this, prolly just didn't think about it possibly coming into play with passion racing.