Guys give opinions or Review the TR6 pipes

richybanshee

I want to know your opinion on the new TR6 pipes?

How about the power compared to the T5's?

Have you drag race your friend with the T5's on his banshee?

I personally like how the TR6 look.

I found a review of the pipes at this site: http://www.roostingthedunes.com/toomey_review.htm

but I need more feedback, info and info.

If you are wondering why all this questions, well, I just bought a new banshee. The white a red one. The guys from Toomey tell me that the T5's respond better to mods like porting and head mod. The tr6's make more horsepower for the stock machine. if I'm going to spend some $$$$ on my shee I want to know what works and what does not.

I'm not new to banshees. I was the proud owner of a 1996 shee that I sold on March of 2004. Yesterday I bought my new 2005 shee. Could not leave without it. :cheers:

The guys from Toomey tell me that the T5's respond better to mods like porting and head mod. The tr6's make more horsepower  for the stock machine.

291045[/snapback]

I've never had Toomeys but if I were to go buy some I'd get the T5's because what I have read on here is the same as what Toomey has told you.

You could also think about Rocket pipes Minkia sells them on here (look for the rocket pipes banner) and they are supposed to rip.

If you are set on toomy's, you've answered your own questions. I do believe that the TR-6 is better all around on a stock bike but T-5 is better with mods. If you were only considering a cool head and timing I'd go T-6, if porting/and bigger carbs is in your future then go T-5.

If you are set on toomy's, you've answered your own questions.  I do believe that the TR-6 is better all around on a stock bike but T-5 is better with mods.  If you were only considering a cool head and timing I'd go T-6, if porting/and bigger carbs is in your future then go T-5.

291105[/snapback]

whay he said! T5 are better pipes overall, thats just what Ive heard word of mouth

Thanks for your replies guys. Probably I may go with the T5's since they are a proven pipe, they look great, sound is good and the price is cheaper.

I reed an article that DirtWheels did on a mod that was done by the people from MissionYamaha in California.

All mods were:

porting and head mod (155 psi) by MissionYamaha

VForce reed cage

Pro X pistons (stock size)

T5 pipes

The bike was dyno tested and made 59 HP with VP fuel

(the porting was supposed to be a reliable one)

Finally, I emailed PatriotRacing and they told they had tested the TR6 with the type of porting they do and it seems that T5's performe better.

Once again, Thanks

I got the TR6's on my otherwise stock machine. The TR6's make the banshee twice the bike. Toomey will respond to any questions you got via e-mail asap. I don't feel it has the same bottom end torque as the stock pipes, but over all they're a great pipe. I just moved from western PA where you rarely get into 5th and 6th gear, but when you do, you'll think it's gonna mouse trap on you. On the other hand, I haven't run into a hill I couldn't I couldn't climb in 2nd whether it's coal, dirt, gravel, no matter how steep. I've had them on my shee for a full season with no problems. Although my experience is limited, I'd definitely recommend Toomey, no matter what pipe you get.

Like what everyone is saying...they work really good on stock/bolt on mods. But if porting is in the future(probably) T-5's all the way. A friend of mine ran t-6's, and as soon as porting was done... :flush: ...T-5's are cheaper, and will grow with your mods better. I here Fatties are also a good pipe to run, if you want all around riding.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if you Like the Looks of the T6 pipe and want the Modded Shee there is another choice for you to consider. I was looking at the T6 because I love the Smooth curving arc they have. Look at the Shearer Production Pipe Very close to the T6 in looks and can be bought for under 500 dollars New.

If your Plans inclued Port work and bigger carbs and any other Big Horsepower mods.

Look into the Shearer Pipes.They have a Very smooth flowing curve to them(Physical look).

Output is Great for sand duning too.

Here is my Shee with Shearer mounted up.

logo1.jpg

Edited by Oilsmoke

I have the T-5's and I think they are awesome pipes. I am kinda new to the sport, but when I bought my 2002 it already had the pipes on it :dance:. My Shee is stock right now and I was able to take my brother on his 96 that had a lot more engine work, up sand mountain NV. He did manage to get me about 3/4 of the way up, but still he is a lot more experienced rider than I am. It may just be riding style, but I still think they are great pipes. I was also talking to a guy out at sand mountain the last time that I went and he told me that the TR-6's have a cool look to them, but on his modified bike they weren't that great. In fact he said that his power curve looked a lot like the shape of the pipes. I don't know first hand about the T-6's, but the T-5's I can vouch for are great. I'm sure the T-6's are great pipes or Toomey wouldn't have designed them, but I think like the posts above say they are for good power for a stock or slightly modified bike. Just my opinion of course..........Got Sand?