Jettng the Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

how did you go about using the custom domes? if i were to take out the spacer plate it would change my whole set up right? i wasnt offered the custom cut domes when i did mine. i wish i knew about it then and i would have gone with it. i dont like the spacer plate at all. everyone can see what you are running. maybe its the plate thats makin it run like this. you guys have custom cut domes and yours run fine. hmmm, makes me wonder. can i switch to cut domes now??

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did you go about using the custom domes? if i were to take out the spacer plate it would change my whole set up right? i wasnt offered the custom cut domes when i did mine. i wish i knew about it then and i would have gone with it. i dont like the spacer plate at all. everyone can see what you are running. maybe its the plate thats makin it run like this. you guys have custom cut domes and yours run fine. hmmm, makes me wonder. can i switch to cut domes now??

I think XT is referring to special cut domes. NOSS has 2 different domes, regular and special. The specials have a more blended radius on the inner edges of the squish band. Both domes are set up pretty much the same for squish clearance and can be used on 350 cranks and +4 stroker motors with a .080" stroker plate. "Custom" domes are usually cut for stroker motors using a normal base gasket only. In that case ,the extra clearance is provided in the dome itself to clear the additional stroke. Also custom can refer to a different type of dome such as "alky" domes....Jim

can i switch to cut domes now??

i don't see why not. get rid of the spacer and have Dave cut you some domes especial (that's spanish for special ;) )!! I'd at least give Dave a call and talk to him about the domes. or what about some 795 pistons, aren't they design for a stroked motor, or are they only for a motor with longer rods and not a stroker crank? surely there's something that can be done.

Only thing is, I believe it all washes out. Whether you space the cylinders or cut the domes, or lower the pistons on the rod (like with the 795s) you'll still have the same stroke and don't know how the spacer would actually affect performance.

Edited by sredish

Sredish.

PassionRE setup on his 12 port long rod 4mill stroker is .080 plate with port timing cut to match with the plate, 795 wisco prolites go with the longrod.

the plate goes with the 4mm crank. If you remove the plate all the port timing if off.

Jim likes the plate setup over the dome method. Jim pipe in if i a wrong :)

this is true. But you still need to raise the port windows to keep the motor in spec.

Adding a spacer to the bottom is less work for proper porting than a topplate or cut domes. to remove the cranks added .080 stroke it is easyer to add a bottomplate than cut more out of the cylinder ports. The add cost for more labor & domes. I also have read you can run into a water jacket if you use the upper method for high exhaust duration race specs. as in any combo the is pro's & con's.

Best method is what you want Steath or Preformance.

Edited by Oilsmoke

this is true. But you still need to raise the port windows to keep the motor in spec.

Adding a spacer to the bottom is less work for proper porting than a topplate or cut domes. to remove the cranks added .080 stroke it is easyer to add a bottomplate than cut more out of the cylinder ports. The add cost for more labor & domes. I also have read you can run into a water jacket if you use the upper method for high exhaust  duration race specs. as in any combo the is pro's & con's.

Best method is what you want Steath or Preformance.

Not to mention the fact that if your stroker was set-up with the plate in the beginning, those cylinders can still be used on a 350 crank at a later date, or converted to a base gasket and custom domes(mods needed to retain performance)...but the options are still there...not so in a stroker designed around a base gasket initially if modest transfer durations are needed....Jim

Edited by PassionRE

I'm not sure if this has bin discused yet, but whats everyone runnin for compression? I've got about 170 both sides at 1000ft, 19cc domes when the motors warm. I thought that might be a little low considering I've only got 2 hours on the motor.