Banshee vs TRX 450R

LIsurfer_

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey not tryin to jump down your throat, i love the 450r's regardless, hell i would probably trade the shee for one....... well maybe i would  :confused:

310717[/snapback]

I got rid of my shee for a Z400 :D . I'm not like you west coast guys that ride only dunes. I ride all-terrain, snow, mud, sand..etc I also live somewhere where we have 4 seasons and temps change a lot all the time. Re-jetting 2 carbs everytime the weather changes gets old real fast. I can careless about top-speed.

Personally I like all the newer quads out there...If anyone is out there calling a $6000+ quad a piece of junk you need your head examined. Right now if you buy any top sport quad it's going to be good. I've never based my opinion by brand and never will. You can make any machine do what you want if you throw enough money at it...basicly what I'm saying is if you want to make a 4-stroke a drag machine you can or a banshee a trail machine..etc.

I never could figure out why you guys always bitch about top speed mph and all the BS with calling machines junk..etc. :confused: Ride what you own and like it. You're the only one you need to make happy. Gain some riding skills... there is always room for improvement there. Your quad could do 120mph and that will not make you a better rider.

Here is a wake up call for you guys worried about comparing quads. Make sure you read the last line. It all depends on what you want to do. :D

http://www.atvconnection.com/atvconnection/400-shootout.cfm

some machines are just poorly made regardless of the high sticker. a raptor is a fine example of ymaahs rush to compete against its 350 twin bike and it was an abortion right from 01 " and on ,polaris predator is another perfect example, its 415 lbs dry ,thats unacceptable ,we shouldnt have to settle or spend top dollar for this crap ,although i will say in stock form most every bike is slow and poorly accelerates .bottom line id say is

it costs half the price to mod a 2 stroke than a 4 and theyre far more responsive to mods

thats an advantage and savings right there :cheers:

some machines are just poorly made regardless of the high sticker. a raptor is a fine example of ymaahs rush to compete against its 350 twin bike and it was an abortion right from 01 " and on ,polaris predator is another perfect  example, its 415 lbs dry ,thats unacceptable ,we shouldnt have to settle or spend top dollar for this crap ,although i will say in stock form most every bike is slow and poorly accelerates .bottom line id say is

it costs half the price to mod a 2 stroke than a 4 and theyre far more responsive to mods

thats an advantage and  savings right there :cheers:

310836[/snapback]

Made poorly? How so? I think the stock suspension on the raptor is better than the stock banshee by far, has reverse and is pretty damn fast. I don't know who you ride with.

415lbs dry is unacceptable to who? What if the rider is only 135lbs is that going to mean much? Predator is another great machine.. are you a pro rider or somehing? You competeing for cash prizes when you ride?

Actually you're wrong about cost. Two pipes, two carbs, top-end needs to be rebuilt more often, bore & hone cost, two pistons. Where is the 1/2 the cost savings? :flush: It actually cost more money to mod and maintain a Banshee I owned one; I know first hand.

The only mod that is more resposive is pipes and intake and thats because the shee is so choked up from the factory.

Anyway you missed my point in my previous post. Oh well.

im not saying teh she is the greatest handling and suspended quad by no means ! and i said 2 strokes not banshees anyway as far as 2 of everything! but alot of these machines are just pushed into the market in a rush to win sales ,look at 01 raptors thier trannys are pure scrap polaris even had tranny and geometery problems as well till this year!

im jsut saying people really need to sit back and watch a couple years into production

and 415 lbsDRY is too fuc*in heavy for a sport quad ,come on thats heavy and raptors are tippy as hell and feel like piped high geared warriors in stock form. B) and i didntr miss your point,you can make a bike what you like weather its a 450r or a 250r its up to the way you set it up ,people just get to caught up in the latest and greatest and end up paying for

a pile for next 5 years ,and it shouldnt be that way

Edited by rocketboy

I agree with the post earlier....ride the quad you want like. I ride a banshee cause of the pure g's and ergonomics. I dont spend my riding time all in the top end speed of my shee. I set mine up for mx cause its where I spend most of my time. Ocassionally I get challenged to a race. I never have to ask anyone to race ...they always approach me cause of the shee reputation. A friend of mine owns a yfz450, and it rips pretty fast and it fits his likings. To me the Raptor and the YFZ450 dont even come close to comfort of the shee. Thats a plus to me since I like to sit on a comfortable seat when riding hard sometimes. I owned a 92 warrior before I got my shee and the ergonomics of the warrior was nice and didnt seem to top heavy for sliding around when you use body english. I got a shee for the killer looks that it has, not for popularity..Heck, I got mine when everyone said shees are out of style. The lower and wider stance made it easier for me to slide and hammer the throttle the way I want to ride. No other quad has that appeal to me.....* thats just me*..... everyone likes a different feel to their rides. Main thing is: Ride what fits you and your style of riding. If I get hammered in a long distance race aginst another quad it wont make me sell my shee, he just beat a shee thats built for mx ...not drag! If someone wants to compare fastness of their quads, take two quads built equal and have at it that way. Quad wars will always be happening no matter what. Lets just ride......Its what we like to do with our free time. :headbang:

Just wanted to put my .02 in :dance: I'm over 40 & love to rip the shit out of my Shee. I compare it to a small-block chevy- revs like a motherf****r & has a sound at full throttle that scares the shit out of people when I blow by them. (Toomey TR6 pipes).

I had a Shee in '87 when they first came out-modded the hell out of it-turned it into a Sand drag machine & sold it after our track closed down.

My advise is to ride the shit out of whatever you've got, stop & help anyone with a broken quad (regardless of brand), & just enjoy life.

Lifes too f*****g short to rag on anybody but your friends- get your ass out there & enjoy it. To hell with work & arguing about which quad is the best! :headbang:

• 3 weeks later...

I like the look of the new TRX450Rs but I love the analogy of the small block chev. and I LOVE BANSHEES. I can take that analogy a few steps farther what about parts being inexpensive, easy to work on, and aftermarket parts availability. For what I use my quad for it is the best one available. You won't find any bike dollars per horsepower that will beat a banshee in the sand. I am 4 grand into my banshee and it isn't the fastest one out there but I have never seen any 4 stroke that will beat me to the top of sand mountain......Wait I take that back a few guys put bullet bike motors on their banshees they smoke most everybody. Anyway just my 2 cents though.

• 1 month later...

I've been riding with three good friends...all on the new 450Rs.

(makes me sick...but, it's good ball busting...)

One is 100% bone stock

One has Yosh full system, jet kit and air filter.

One has Yosh full system, jet kit, HRC Kit, Dura Blue (thanks to a non forgiving steel pole) and a few other odds and ends.

My bud said the HRC definately is a top end cam...

Oh..and it doesn't matter what cam you put in...it's only gonna rev so far...with stock ignition...they DO have rev limiters...which sure make a lovely sound when hit...:)

My 96 is stock motor, T5s, K&N Pods or Toomey 2 into 1, Boyesen reeds and that's it.

Here's the funny part....the guy on the bone stock can beat me about every time. but...to his credit, he spent years racing built, strecthed...Alocohol Banshees. He's a drag racer, period....

The pipe and Jet kit only is about 50/50...

And, the most built one...I beat him 75% of the time. Only his 3rd year riding.

Before I T5'd my shee...I couldn't beat any. I could beat the last one out of the hole every time, but...he'd run me down by 3rd and just left me...once piped though..WHOLE 'nother story...

I honestly think two things...

The bikes are all pretty close, it's who gets the best jump and start that wins 95% of the time, and...it's more rider than bike. That explains me getting beat by a stocker...but winning most of the time vs. the most built of the three.

They're good bikes...but, I love watching those compression whores start...

One thing you gotta admit, four stroke joker or not...the shee sure starts and sounds like no other!!!

The Quadzilla I ride with is nothing special, just a pipe, maybe a little overbore, some a-arms and gearing....i am the lightest of the riders, minus my sister, at 155 lbs, when I cant beat a lt 500 with a 320 lb 6-8 half ape on it....ya know your beat.

the raptors I ride with, both are piped and jetted, but thats it..one has full yoshi, the other looney tunes...they run strong, pull hard, but I agree, they seem short legged, can torque around and idle up anything infront of them, brutally good runners...but at the dunes, my brother in law, who is the real rider of the group, he wants to ride the banshee, or he breaks out his ole quadracer, those old zukes run good...a little headshave and some piston, they run damn good....

but your not gonna beat a shee on them, nor the raptor, or the two 450r's, one honda one yami, i ride with, and its not rider, cause I aint that great, those guys are better...and thier quads arent stock...maybe its all gearing, who know...but even my buddy with the new 450 honda parks it and breaks out the tweaked 'shee at the dune.