Banshee vs TRX 450R

LIsurfer_

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will top out at ONLY what your gears run up to.All the mods in the world will only help you get there faster.If your geared to top out at 70,and you can add $2000.00 in mods, if you don't change the gears you'll still top out at 70.The only differance is you'll get there alot faster.

Well you don't necessarily have to change gears to go faster. You can also increase your motors ability to rev higher. Which I think the RC kit does with the cam installed. Horsepower can also increase top speed, assuming that a quad in top gear is unable to hit it's max rpm for lack of power to get there. So RPM has a lot to do with top speed also. There is a point, once the rpm is maxed to the limit, no more speed can be gained unless you change your gears or increase rpm with engine mods.

thre are two ways to have a higher top speed, higher gears via sprockets and that internal blah bah and the point at which your motor will rev out to, if your motor makes 11,000 revolutions per minute vs. 10,000 revolutions its gonna have an extra 1,000 to spin the wheels faster plain, simple

I agree with Sickboy,Those 450r have no top-end.The power is very flat in the upper rpms.The 450r is all midrange power.Sort of reminds me of a tractor.I like the handling and ergos of the Honda,but the powerband leaves much to be desired.Cam or no cam,Honda dropped the ball in the engine dept.

bone stock yes its lacking a bit of top end power, but as u know honda restricts there quads quite a bit (so does yamaha, i think the yfz lacks low end) it comes with a good pipe, but cam the honda and its got the top end. when sick boy said it needed another gear, i thought he ment it needed top speed, which it isnt lack there

• 3 weeks later...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Honda 450R is a good quad, but it is not for beginners, people that buy a Honda 450R or YFZ450 think that just because they have a popular quad, they think that they can beat anyone that has a different quad, well news flash for all you. If you can't go off a jump without landing wrong or eating the dirt, then you can't win. man i am just laghing at this cause honda thinks they can beat a banshee, well this proves it, honda is slow, hek, i think a Honda 250R can beat a Honda 450R, i haven't seen them race, but i think the 2 stroke 250R would beat the 4-stroke 450R, oh and BANSHEE'S RULE

i think honda makes restricted quads aslo but primarily becasue most of there machines are archaic .theyre 250r line was nice and yes restricted and reliable ,but there 4 strokes were very out of date and still a,re the 450 unicam that was supposed to be the shit turned out to be a mellow rever incomparison to the yfz s agressive dual cams.the ex line and big bore utility lines used push rod slow reving motors too ,reliable yes ,exhilirating,no

even the mini quads like the 05 trx 90 actaully uses the exact same motor thats found in the atc90 that came out in like 71 !evry one brags up hondas reliability and ruggedness

but if you think about that can be said for most detuned engines ,look at tractors look at briggs and stratton lawn mowers very mellow very rugged ,very archaic designs

as old as the she motor dates to (circa 1982) it still is the bike to beat even against the fangdangled latest and greatest four strokes out there . :headbang:

a 250r will not beat a 450r stock for stock period. thats just 2stroke pipe dreams. (pun intended) stock banshees arent anything to talk about either. stock 4 stock both 450s out accelerate it. then i got the hrc kit and pull it 3-4 lengths in about 200 yards and keepspulling. i think it got a little more top end speed with the kit too.

a 250r will not beat a 450r stock for stock period. thats just 2stroke pipe dreams. (pun intended) stock banshees arent anything to talk about either. stock 4 stock both 450s out accelerate it. then i got the hrc kit and pull it 3-4 lengths in about 200 yards and keepspulling. i think it got a little more top end speed with the kit too.

310704[/snapback]

i wish you lived in louisiana

then we could run'em :cheers: