My Passion Racing Stroker!

Jeffro

I haven't climbed anything yet but it coming.  I think we are going to glamis in 2 weeks.  Can't wait to tear up the dunes with this bike.  What I really like is how there is no lag going into the powerband.  I can putt around like a 4 stroke and rev it into the band and fly.

thats what i been trying to relate in my posts about jims motor its hard to explain unless youve felt it, its like you can feel 30 ponies kick in off idle and start climbing from there, whereas the stock piped feel is 30 horse and climbing after youve feathered the clutch at 7000rpm

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok this is what i`m looking for i got the 2into1 carb and i got the 2into1 pipe to run xc with I was just wondering if i can get some more power and some low end grunt so i can lug around in lower gear like the 4 strokes do. I was told with a +4 stroker u can do that put i was thinking may be just a good port job would do good cuz i really don`t need alot of power and no top end is not hat i`m looking ofr i want low to mild but i wa2into1 pipe and 2into1 carb. Also would i be able to go to a larger single carb i have a 35 now

Why would you want to use a 1 into 2 carb set up on a banshee anyway? Because you think it will give you more low end? You should plan your motor out completely before you go buying parts and stick with one builder. Not what you want and what they want to do. The two usually don't work together. Tell your engine builder what you want and let them pick the parts for your motor. And I can bet that if you tell jim what you want to do with your motor he can make it happen. Mine is exactly how I wanted it.

thats how i feel to Jeffro, ive yet to have my ass handed to me in a sprint, but where it counts on the tight, ruff stuff my bansh does excatly what i wanted it to do, have you tried climbing anything steep yet?, it feels like your on a 4 stroke, great torque...

I am definatly gonna go for the same sort of porting as yours, sounds exactly like what I need, all the riding around NZ is tight, rutted with a lot of climbing.

On the trail rides I do a lot of the time you will becoming up some hill and some fool on a bike will get stuck or fall off in front of you, so you have to stop.

Then getting started is a real bitch again because of the lag so you pretty much have to reverse down and have another crack at it. Then some some fuckin cocksucker jumps the queue and falls off in front of you again, pisses me off I hate those impatiet fucks,

Power off idle is going to be great, make riding the tight stuff a lot more enjoyable.

And jumping a lot easier too

Anyhow 100+ top you reckon :blink: thats insane :). I think I will be smoking my old mans wolverine in second. Speed like that with mad accelation will make for the perfect bike when I give some timed gravel hill climbs a go later in the year.

I am going to the nz national jambaree in early may, they have one section that is a sweeping corner in to a long straight gravel road and about 3/4 down the straight they have a cop with a radar gun taking your speeds. Its just a fun thing, but they have prizes for the top speeds, last year I got sixth and was running a stock motor, stock gearing with t5's I was about 6 kmph off first place (another Banshee).

This year I am going to blow the compertition out of the water!!!!

Jim has my stuff now.I'm getting a full blown drag port,12 port design,With a +4 stroker.I can't wait to try it out.The motors to beat here are rudy kurtz 370's,they are fast as shit don't get me wrong,but I can't wait to see the look on there faces this year. :D

It is always the same guys winning in the same order all the time.Well I made up my mind and said this has to stop.Things are gonna change.I'll let you guys know what happens.

The motors to beat here are rudy kurtz 370's,they are fast as shit

Sounds like Jim's motors are reliable, Rudy's stuff doesn't last too long, his overide cut tranny's are nice, but his motors are time bombs, they're only fast for a couple of runs, then.......BOOM!

Last time I was out at gordons, the bike to beat was a Banshee with some CRAZY sounding street bike engine in it...That thing was fucking insaine, sounded sweet as hell too! Very cool sound coming off that one, maybe a +4 stroker on NOS could beat it but im not sure, im doubtfull!...But well, its not exactly a 350 anymore !

so Jim what will I need to beat your +4 stroker? a + 7 stroker?

I have one of Jim's stroker/longrod motors and it would take one hell of a bike to outrun my banshee, and thats no shit. Nax I raced a guy onetime that had trinity cheeta cylinders on his bike and I don't remember what pipes the guy had but he had the trinity single carb intake. I was lapping that guy and I blew buy that dude so fast I know it scared the heel out of him, because it it scared the shit out of me. I think you will be happier with the 2 carb set-up. If you race strickley mx just get like a set of 34mm carbs they will pull enough on bottom end and still have enough to smoke some fool to the finish line.

It's in the works, in my brain anyway...a +4 redesigned and improved. I will have to make custom sleeves though and It wont be cheap.

TBD, I dont offer any 6 pack o' pistons per weekend motors currently and dont intend to offer any to the general public. Those motors are reserved for very special circumstances. I would say these strokers are very reliable. Proquad101 is a animal and nobody can abuse a engine like he can and so far no failures of any type in the harshest racing enviroments..Jim