My Passion Racing Stroker!

Jeffro

I pmed him yesterday and this morning when I got on he had already pmed me back, I like it when I get a quick response...

As soon as I get a shee and sell my dirt bike, the money is goin strait to getting a passion stroker....

I can't wait, all these reviews have me excited lol I can't wait..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol the last thing i want is some high schooler with little knowledge and experience hacking on my cylinders. lol .I'm sure Jim in his younger days has had many messed up jugs

I would like to think of those early days as "sacrificial research"....Jim

lol the last thing i want is some high schooler with little knowledge and experience hacking on my cylinders. lol I'm sure Jim in his younger days has had many messed up jugs. He wouldn't have the knowledge and expertese now without it. Thats why we learn from our mistakes and become more smarter. No mistakes No learning!! I'll put my trust in Jim doing my shee soon as i get the $$$$. So that 12 port stroker can pull a 17/40 pretty good? I know stock gearing would be useless in the first few shifts.

that 17/40 breaks your arms it pulls so hard, and just doesnt stop pulling, it stretches your gears out really far with massive accelaration, reminds me of riding a fast street bike......

that 17/40 breaks your arms it pulls so hard, and just doesnt stop pulling, it stretches your gears out really far with massive accelaration, reminds me of riding a fast street bike......

Damn you must fly with that 17/40 gearing, What sort of mph do you think you are topping out at? 90?

I had 16/39 on my bike one time and was racing on a 1/2 track, the lady at the scoring table said we were doing 21 second laps. I ended up catching some lap rider and we were going so fast the little pebles of dirt and stuff flying up was putting blood spots on my face from hitting me so hard. That was proble the fastest I have ever been. The next time I'm going to try a 17/39.

What sort of mph do you think you are topping out at? 90?

closer to a 100 plus TX.....although out on the desert tracks i cant even hit the top of fourth, the fucker just rips, i have a scotts stabilizer, that pretty much locks my bars in place, i can pinn sixth and then let go of my bars and still go straight with no shimmy or head shake but slamming sixth with this gearing is a death wish, its just ridiculous how hard it pulls geared that tall, when i drag buddies geared 14/41 or 15/41 i can pretty much let them get around six house's on me, maybe 250 feet and real them in before they hit the stop sign 400 yards out, in the dirt its a little different cause some times your spinning the other guys hookin and vise versa, but on pavement its sick how fast this thing goes, speed shift to fourth and the front end starts climbing, its insane, im damm tempted to go with a 18, just to really have some fun.....the 17 you can grab third and stay there around most mx tracks i suppose flat track youd be doing fourth and fifth, but i cant see hitting sixth unless your on the freeway....if i ran a 15 up front my first coupla gears would be useless.....

could i still run my 2into1 pipe and 2into1 carb and low gears or should i just get porting?

that would be intresting NAX, i think personally youd starve jims port with a single carb, in my opinion all that trinity 2 into 1..1 into 2..3x4=12 crap......is just advertising bullshit, each cylinder should have its own carb, pouring in as much fuel as the jug can handle, down its throat......companies like honda and of course yamaha have rarely produced multiple cylinder motors with single carbs, jims reading this thread lets see what he thinks, im by far not a motor guru, but ive been riding dirt bikes about 37 years and have yet to see a twin with a single carb smoke a well tuned twin with dual carbs, sometimes you'll see a bansh with a single carb get some fair bottom, but who gives a shit if all you have to do is feather your clutch to get it in the power band and pass the guy..lets see what jim thinks.....and i think low gears on a stroker are useless, if you had a 500 horse motor geared the same as a 50 horse motor all youd really have is a motor than can get to the same top end sooner, i learned that my first ride on jims engine, i started out geared 15/41 with my stroker and instantly geared it up taller, that much power with low gearing is actually slower in the dirt than a lower horsepowered shee, cause the vicious power of the stroker just spinns and is basicly out of control, it takes taller gearing to get those ponies to the ground, and the taller gears providing the motor can pull them accelerate twice as hard and fast, anyone running a high horse powered shee will tell you that.......

could i still run my 2into1 pipe and 2into1 carb and low gears or should i just get porting?

that would be intresting NAX, i think personally youd starve jims port with a single carb, in my opinion all that trinity 2 into 1..1 into 2..3x4=12 crap......is just advertising bullshit, each cylinder should have its own carb, pouring in as much fuel as the jug can handle, down its throat......companies like honda and of course yamaha have rarely produced multiple cylinder motors with single carbs, jims reading this thread lets see what he thinks, im by far not a motor guru, but ive been riding dirt bikes about 37 years and have yet to see a twin with a single carb smoke a well tuned twin with dual carbs, sometimes you'll see a bansh with a single carb get some fair bottom, but who gives a shit if all you have to do is feather your clutch to get it in the power band and pass the guy..lets see what jim thinks.....and i think low gears on a stroker are useless, if you had a 500 horse motor geared the same as a 50 horse motor all youd really have is a motor than can get to the same top end sooner, i learned that my first ride on jims engine, i started out geared 15/41 with my stroker and instantly geared it up taller, that much power with low gearing is actually slower in the dirt than a lower horsepowered shee, cause the vicious power of the stroker just spinns and is basicly out of control, it takes taller gearing to get those ponies to the ground, and the taller gears providing the motor can pull them accelerate twice as hard and fast, anyone running a high horse powered shee will tell you that.......

Nax, Im having a little trouble following your posts, but if your referring to running a single carb or a 2-1 exhaust etc. on my 12 port stroker, your defeating the purpouse of this engine. Let me explain, this engine is crisper than most any engine combo with a single carb and Dyno-port type pipe with twin 34's and hi-rev pipes. These intake ports have more area than a T-rex motor and uses everybit of it....and thats the milder version like Dueces motor, not the mildest, but Dueces motor was specifically ported for his needs and Top- end wasn't one his major concerns, although I explained to him that top-end would definately be a side affect of the porting style he was looking for. I also build more top-end friendly versions as well. Not that the 2-1 carb and pipe wouldnt work well, its just you would be giving up tons of acceleration and top-end with it....which may or may not be of concern to you.

If your partial to the carb pipe combo you are running a modified version(detuned) would probably be better for that situation..the possibiliites are endless and all achievable....Jim

I think mine is tuned down a little too for the dune and desert riding I do also but I tell you what, I opened it up on a 10 mile stretch of dirt road and it just flat out flys. No bike that was there could catch me. Built exactly how I wanted it.

I opened it up on a 10 mile stretch of dirt road and it just flat out flys.  No bike that was there could catch me.  Built exactly how I wanted it.

thats how i feel to Jeffro, ive yet to have my ass handed to me in a sprint, but where it counts on the tight, ruff stuff my bansh does excatly what i wanted it to do, have you tried climbing anything steep yet?, it feels like your on a 4 stroke, great torque...

I haven't climbed anything yet but its coming. I think we are going to glamis in 2 weeks. Can't wait to tear up the dunes with this bike. What I really like is how there is no lag going into the powerband. I can putt around like a 4 stroke and rev it into the band and fly.