My Passion Racing Stroker!

Jeffro

I'm right there with you joe, my bikes almost stock as can be. I want that damn stroker so bad I can taste the exhaust fumes. With the price of gas, and god forbid rent I can barely afford gas to get to the dunes. I cant wait till the day I c.ome to the dunes spank the livin crap outa my friends DR national kit.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Hook got set. I am removeing my cyclinders and they are off to jims monday or tuesday. Blue & jeffro you guys are great saleman. I am almost afraid to ask for a Balls out Hill drag port. :) NOT. Do you guys think a 5 inch swingarm & never ran 9 paddle hauler handle this Motor?

Blue have you ran Paddles on your Motor Yet?

I need to start thinking about gearing.

We ride St Anthony. Idaho Mostly and I am sure Sand Mountian Utah. Some of the steepest stands of Sand around. My Shee came with a 13/42 and maybe 60 Hp

Powerband was Very short and Didn't hold it unless you where just plan Balls out.Do to the 34mm RS Mikiunis & no bootom end. Furture plans are for some TMX carbs in 35mm if Jim, thinks there ok. Those should feed it.

I could climb are race hill (Thunder) in 4 gear it things where just right, but mostly in 3rd. It's pretty fast Shee for sure but it's no Stroker. I do 2nd gear start too. 1st was waste of time.

Where would be a good starting point for gearing? I just glad at 45 year old I don't need to look out things to hit on it. Dunes are good for Old but not Slow guys.

This will be the Logo on my riding jeresy to :yank: Piss off my cocky 21 year old son. Muhehehehehe had to play with the new smiley.

Talked you into did I oilsmoke? I've got a set of cylinders I'm polishing up right now and will be sent to jim shortly for an all out port job. I decided that it was way too much money to go big bore so I'm goin to go next size and open it up. Another screamer comin up.

oilsmoke here is what jim said about my port, i asked for a dune style port, i went with the 30's because i wanted to cruise also.

If you want all out top-end go with 33 airstriker Keihins. If you want to retain a little more bottom end, go with 30's or stockers. If you do hill climbing or start off on the sides of dunes etc. stay with the smaller carbs. If your on the pipe alot and want the killer top-end go with the 33's but be ready for the bottom end loss. In order to gain killer acceleration and top-end you will lose some bottom end anyway with a 350 crank...just part of the game. I was planning on a full 12 port unrestricted with a medium volume main runner intake tract. It will just haul ass with some loss in bottom end and killer acceleration. Let me know if that sounds like your cup of tea....Jim

I have to run the 34 mikunis Rounds slides. I moslty drag the hill (70%) and criuse the dunes (30%). I need to run with some Fast 87 Quadzilla's that my Best friends and there son run. Oh Big Blue are you stroked? I am getting the 4 mill if my Cylinders are ok for the 12 port.

After Jim gives them the once over, I call him and we will make the choice. I may need to stay on the topend becuase of where my Exhaust and intake where cut before i bought the shee. But Yes that sound like my Cup of TEA. to lumps of sand please.

I cant wait till the day I c.ome to the dunes spank the livin crap outa my friends DR national kit.

That's gonna be easy from what I'm reading. I raced DR national motors for years. Does your buddy have the stock mx national or the big bore 409 nat motor. I had the 409 in my drag shee with a +4 stroker and that damn thing would run mid 6's in the 8th all day long. I could run almost 6 flat with gas.

Well I am not Sure what Jim thinks of Shearer But there are few others that have them on his Motor. I belive Jim could Port for any pipe .With all those years under his belt I bet he forgot more than most will even know about the Art. But if i didn't think Jim could do it I'ed be on another thread. I like to See how a grunt motor like Blue duces would Work with a Shearer on it. Best of both worlds maybe.

Jim what is your take on this High RPM pipe?

my motor breaks my arms from the bottom, right through the top with pro circuits, ive been meaning to go cpi.....but damm it pulls so hard from idle with the pc's id hate to loose any of that for a top end pipe, my riding i need down low, up untill i decied to shift, i think with jims motor you cant go wrong...... my track times have improved greatly and i have a blast with every twist of my throttle........jim mentioned to me something about cpi building a pipe based on his port, id be willing to pay for and try that pipe....i think any pipe with jims motors gonna rip.....with my pc's i can be just putting and twist it off and shee jumps up and goes, even geared with a 17 up front, my 1st second and third i can loop it if im not careful.......jims a bad dude and really know's his shit......2 thumbs up to jimbee

Well I am not Sure what Jim thinks of Shearer But there are few others that have them on his Motor. I belive Jim could Port for any pipe .With all those years under his belt I bet he forgot more than most will even know about the Art. But if i didn't think Jim could do it I'ed be on another thread. I like to See how a grunt motor like Blue duces would Work with a Shearer on it. Best of both worlds maybe.

Jim what is your take on this High RPM pipe?

Oilsmoke, honestly I haven't found a pipe that doesnt just haul ass on this engine. Even with the High Rev pipes these 12 port strokers make more bottom end than anything you could ever concieve with a 350 engine...bar none. Thats why I push them so hard, they are just a whole new world of Banshee power delivery on a budget...you can have your cake and eat it too. I cant think of anything this motor doesn't do well. Did you say Sheerers?.... :P ....Jim