My Passion Racing Stroker!

Jeffro

Ok, so the rumors I heard were true. The motor flat out screams. The carbs were jetted dead on. I don't know what it is but I have power (lots more than stock) from idle and when the powerband hits, HOLD ON cause it gets hauling. I can't wait to dune this quad. Thanks Jim if you reading. Best quad money I've spent.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so the rumors I heard were true.  The motor flat out screams.  The carbs were jetted dead on.  I don't know what it is but I have power (lots more than stock) from idle and when the powerband hits, HOLD ON cause it gets hauling.  I can't wait to dune this quad.  Thanks Jim if you reading.  Best quad money I've spent.

its about goddamm time sombody wrote about jims engine....is that it? yer gonna go duning ...i think a full review is in order here..........

I still have to put the 4" arm on and the longer chain so its back down till next weekend but I raced everything around. The raptor, my friends banshee, whiped them all. I can't believe how hard it pulls in the band, It just screams. I've got V-force reeds, Cool head 19cc domes, 34 mm carbs. I'll get pictures of it today. I decided to mount the coolant overflow in the front because the airbox was so far back.

I still have to put the 4" arm on and the longer chain so its back down till next weekend but I raced everything around.  The raptor, my friends banshee, whiped them all.  I can't believe how hard it pulls in the band, It just screams.  I've got V-force reeds, Cool head 19cc domes, 34 mm carbs.  I'll get pictures of it today.  I decided to mount the coolant overflow in the front because the airbox was so far back.

that motor sure is a rush....yeah please post pics of how you modded the air box, i dont doubt your smoking the daylights out of your buddies, i sure enjoy my motor, makes the banshee a whole new bike thats for sure....

Here is my airbox setup that I am using. I tie wrapped the back of the box to the frame since I had to bend the stock rear mounts.

yamaha-banshee-99-bikepics-115643.jpg

Here is how I mounted the coolant overflow tank. I had a mount to use when you have pod filters so I strapped it to the front rails. When I take the bike apart I'm going to weld a few pieces in to hold this bracket.

yamaha-banshee-99-bikepics-115644.jpg

Ok , so this is what I would like to know. Has anyone had a stoker motor and then switched to a passionRE stroker? What kind of difference between passion and one that I could build myself, assuming porting and some other mods already done before the stroker crank.

How much difference? Or are most of you guys trying a stroker motor for the first time?(Of course it would be very fast compared to stock, but how about compare to other stroker.)

Thanks

Ok , so this is what I would like to know.  Has anyone had a stoker motor and then switched to a passionRE stroker?  What kind of difference between passion and one that I could build myself, assuming porting and some other mods already done before the stroker crank.         

How much difference?  Or are most of you guys trying a stroker motor for the first time?(Of course it would be very fast compared to stock, but how about compare to other stroker.)

Thanks

theres several guys in my area with port magic strokers, that are real fast.....mines got more grunt, rudys motors dont seem to come off idle like mine does, jims porting is better in my opinion, i can be going 5mph in second and punch it, no clutching, and stand it damm near on end, and thats geared 17/40....geared 15 or 14/41 my first and second gear are almost useless......installing the crank is a no brainer, its haveing ported for 25 years, knowing whats to much, not enough and how your porting is effecting the engine, jim welds more mass to your intakes, in a drag, especially on pavement, you can really compare them nice, jims motors will pull real tall gearing from way down low, most guys stroked are still fanning there clutches, not that their bikes dont fly but jims got a real good formula for getting great bottom and still have that insane pull on the higher side of the rpm range, but in my opnion its all in the port work ask guys on here with his port work that dont have a stroker....

Just like blue said, it's all in the porting. Any clown can port a cylinder but if you make one to many cuts or grind in the wrong place you might as well melt that cylinder down and make fishing waits with it. Jim has been porting longer than most of the people on banshee hq have been alive ( no offense guys). Just have him do your motor and see!

Just like blue said, it's all in the porting. Any clown can port a cylinder but if you make one to many cuts or grind in the wrong place you might as well melt that cylinder down and make fishing waits with it. Jim has been porting longer than most of the people on banshee hq have been alive ( no offense guys). Just have him do your motor and see!

You have a great way of putting shit PRO, you just crack me up :D i dont see how guys can get a template and try to port there own jugs, its like doing your own heart surgury......jims probally fucked up more juggs learning to port than most of the guys in shops have done, jims porting goes back to the old Rd series Yamahas, way before quads were invented, stop by trinity some time and you'll see a high school kid in the back whacking away at cylinders, guys like yourself can really comment on passion's motor, where i ride theres to many obsticles to hold my bike pinned for any length of time, theres a golf course out here in the desert about a mile from my house, one day id like to take my plastics off, put on a ski mask and go hit that bitch, racing flat track has to be a real blast, the hardest part of riding jims motor is hanging on to the thing.....

Wut do u guys think would be better for xc just an xc port job or a 4mmstroker and a port job i may have jim do it of Quicksand cuz they may be sponcering me1 And what will it set me back?

i cant think of any kind of riding where the stroker is not better........depending on carbs and intake around 2 grand

lol the last thing i want is some high schooler with little knowledge and experience hacking on my cylinders. lol I'm sure Jim in his younger days has had many messed up jugs. He wouldn't have the knowledge and expertese now without it. Thats why we learn from our mistakes and become more smarter. No mistakes No learning!! I'll put my trust in Jim doing my shee soon as i get the $$$$. So that 12 port stroker can pull a 17/40 pretty good? I know stock gearing would be useless in the first few shifts.