To Twist Or Not To Thwist? That Is The Question

BGHSCANDYMAN

how does the banshee handle with twist throttle?

does it handle better or what?

is it worth it?

if your not used to a twist throattle then don't change, most everyone that changes and are not used to it end up on their back after it wheelied over on them.....

yea i agree, if you grew riding dirtbikes with a twist then you'll feel right at home, but then theres people like me who bought one, and fell in love with it, its just your preference, we have a huge disscussion on here aabout it awhile ago

I did the thumb to twist conversion years ago 'cuz my poor ol' thumb was dyin' on those long rides.. I have to admit, the change was a bit tough to get the proverbial handle on. I never ended up on my back, but did have a couple instances where I'd inadvertantly grab a fistful of throttle when I didn't want to. It's been probably 10 years since I did the change and now I wouldn't go back to the thumb throttle.

The handling is not changed simply by switching to a twist throttle. What does change is your riding technique which will affect how your bike handles and what you need to do to ride it well. I switched to a twist throttle after getting tired of having my thumb limit me to the length of rides I could go on. I will say that it takes some getting used to. Things to watch out for are tight right hand turns and having your wrist lock( like this _/O side view of your wrist and grip), if you do lock your wrist like this you will have full on throttle. Also jumping and landing be carefull not to grab too much throttle. Left turns aren't as bad as right turns. Go slowly at first and build up your technique being carefull to avoid over throttling. Be prepared to ride a lot longer and not have your buddies want to ride since it has the twist.

Wheatchex

I thought this was about twisting one up...my bad.

after ive puffed my fattie......i have a bike for mx with twist and a bike for open riding with a thumb......if i had to pick id go twist........but it is 6 of one, half dozen the other..get a great stabilizer and it wont matter, cause nothing will yank the bars outta yer hands.......

my rhumb throttle bike broke and i had to ride my friends banshee with a twist... in about an hour or two you dont even relize a different its just an adaptation... twist is fun though, i often catch my self wanting to change... but i ride tight trails so im kinda eh on it when i had the twist it was open roads.... so if it tight thumb it. its open twist it.

I have a twist on all the shee's and won't go back.Most likely if you give it a chance you to will like it.It is true alot of people don't ask to ride your bike if you have a twist,But it's the complete opposite for me,If they have a thumb I would rather not ride it.

Well to this day I have never driven a dirt bike, but I changed to a twist when I broke my thumb throttle in a little flip. I have gotten used to the twist and like it a lot. It does take some getting used to, and there are certain instances where a thumb throttle may be more adventageous, but IMO the twist is the way to go.

• 4 weeks later...

forget that twist throttle,i never rode a quad with one till i bought this latest one,i warmed her up, stabbed it and the front came up on blacktop,came up further when my weight pulled back on the bars.put it back in the garage,and put a wanted ad on hq for a thumb.