To Twist Or Not To Thwist? That Is The Question

BGHSCANDYMAN

• 2 weeks later...

I am much more use to having a twist because of all my years on street and dirt bikes but I perfer a thumb on my banshee. 2 reasons. 1 - The way I like to ride most of the time the throttle is usually WOT or closed and I think the thumb is quicker for that. On a street bike you have to smoothly roll on the power comming out of corners and for most riding and the twist seems much more precise for that, but on the quad it seems like I stab the throttle a lot when riding. 2 - When you bouncing all over the place at high speed on really rough terain and doing all you can just to hang on, with the twist, I cant help but accidently open and close the throtle some when I just want to keep it at a steady RPM. The thumb throttle wears out my thumb bad when I don't ride very often but if I ride every couple of days I don't notice it at all.

:lol: I dont feel safe on a machine with a thumb throttle, thats right i said thumb throttle. without my thumb wrapped around the bars i feel like im going to fall off, expecially when braking. I made my bro get a twister on his 310R so i could ride it

Dude I perfer the thumb throttle, my friend just got his banshee and put a twist throttle on his. He did good with it on the first couple rides, but near the end of the trip he went off a jump too fast, so when he landed he twisted the throttle some how endowing the banshee. Im not sure how he fliped it but I m sure the twist had something to do with it.