banshee spark plugs wont come out

What you need to do is get yourself either a 18” or 24” pipe wrench and a piece of pipe that is about 2 or 3 feet long and break them loose. Put the pipe wrench on where the wrench would normally go. Also remember lefty loosely & righty tighty. You also might have to apply a very small amount of heat around the base of the spark plugs to help the aluminum expand to release its grip. You should torque the spark plugs to 14 or 15 ft lbs. with either a 13/16 or 22 mm 6 point socket. Good luck!!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JerzOutlaw350 said:

What you need to do is get yourself either a 18” or 24” pipe wrench and a piece of pipe that is about 2 or 3 feet long and break them loose. Put the pipe wrench on where the wrench would normally go. Also remember lefty loosely & righty tighty. You also might have to apply a very small amount of heat around the base of the spark plugs to help the aluminum expand to release its grip. You should torque the spark plugs to 14 or 15 ft lbs. with either a 13/16 or 22 mm 6 point socket. Good luck!!

thanks for the quick reply, i'll make surre to try this when i get the time.

On 2/6/2024 at 10:12 AM, JerzOutlaw350 said:

thanks so much jerz, finally got these plugs out. Look at how rich these things are.

I am planning on dropping down the needle clip and the jet size on my 28mm PWKs. whats the best what to get myself roughly perfect on the jet and needle before doing a plug chop? I plan to do a mid range and top range plug chop soon, but i'd like to get pretty close before so i dont have to repeat it.

thanks again

Jetting the carbs depends on the mods that you have done to your Banshee and your location where you live and outside temperatures. What main jets & pilot jets are you running right now and what is your air screws set at? You very rarely have to mess around with the needle. Also what type of premix are you using and at what ratio? 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 5:47 AM, JerzOutlaw350 said:

Jetting the carbs depends on the mods that you have done to your Banshee and your location where you live and outside temperatures. What main jets & pilot jets are you running right now and what is your air screws set at? You very rarely have to mess around with the needle. Also what type of premix are you using and at what ratio? 

I’m in the Middle East, temp is around 75F atm. I run 28mm pwks with a 155 main and 48 pilot, needle on the middle clip. I fouled a plug, all the time my plugs look black, and I get oil around my pipe so I feel like I’m rich. I run yamalube 40:1. Cos I was rich, I raised the needle clip and it got much worse, very piggy, so I put it back in the middle and it got better, so I think the needle(N68J) is fine. 

i decided to drop the pilot jet down because the sweet spot was 5.5 turns out on the air screw, but no matter how much I adjusted the air screw on the 45 and 42 pilots, it would run horrible, like it would turn on for 5 seconds and in those 5 seconds there would be loud backfires from the exhaust and no consistency.

When I put the 48s back it would run alright for a bit but then it looses all power and bogs, when I turn the fuel off it runs well when I rev high but doesn’t last long, I am so confused