Worst Product Ever!

thecabinboy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, we have had decent luck with the Chain Wax , but think now i will look into the HONDA brand. Just dont want to slow my Yammy down though. hehe

Worst products huh?

1. Pro-x pistons. They sucked, made a lot of noise, with .030 gap.

2. Boost bottle. Wiring ALWAYS chaffed and wore mycables out.

3. Renthal sprockets. They wear way too fast!

4. Billet aluminum stock axle housing. Waste of 200 bucks!

5. Renthal bashee style handlebars. Nuff said

6. Aftermarket aluminum airbox. Nothing lined up and now it's a 230 dollar paper weight!

7. Any chain other then a DID 520 gold X-ring! Yes it's a pricey chain, but it holds up DAMN well

8. Motion pro chain breaker, damn thing broke before the chain!

9. Golden spectro premix..C'mon it's golden spectro..

10. OEM airfilter

I personally ONLY run WD-40 on all my chains, and have zero complaints. I have for many years now and rarely replace chains. I have DID Gold X-Ring chains on most of my quads and they still look brand new. I only ride sand, and never use any other chain lube. Not only does the WD-40 keep my o-rings from drying out, it keeps my chain from rusting, and keeps it clean too. I know there's a lot of controversy about using WD-40 on chains, but it works 110% perfect for me.

A product I have found to be shitty: Motion Pro Turbo Style Twist Throttle. Just bought my third one. The aluminum is actually a shitty pot alloy of some sort and polishes up like shit. The reason i just bought my third is because they keep cracking over time. Not sure why, I never wreck and always take care of my quad.

About the boost bottle: yeah a lot of people have found them to not help performance, but I took mine off and put the stock balance pipe in, and noticed a little less throttle response and bottom end. So for me, it stays. Same for a friend of mine.

-Aaron

I personally ONLY run WD-40 on all my chains, and have zero complaints. I have for many years now and rarely replace chains. I have DID Gold X-Ring chains on most of my quads and they still look brand new. I only ride sand, and never use any other chain lube. Not only does the WD-40 keep my o-rings from drying out, it keeps my chain from rusting, and keeps it clean too. I know there's a lot of controversy about using WD-40 on chains, but it works 110% perfect for me.

A product I have found to be shitty: Motion Pro Turbo Style Twist Throttle. Just bought my third one. The aluminum is actually a shitty pot alloy of some sort and polishes up like shit. The reason i just bought my third is because they keep cracking over time. Not sure why, I never wreck and always take care of my quad.

About the boost bottle: yeah a lot of people have found them to not help performance, but I took mine off and put the stock balance pipe in, and noticed a little less throttle response and bottom end. So for me, it stays. Same for a friend of mine.

-Aaron

454611[/snapback]

on that note happy new year......

WD40 factoids :

wd 40 contains kerosene which will cleanse a chain and still thin enough to not attract dirt /grit which kills your o rings .wd-40 is really good for lubricating brass and aluminum during machinig ,cleaning chains (as mentioned) , and removing sticky residue left by tape and stickers on stuff ,once again due to its kersoene content .it is shity at rust prevention .it stands for water displacement and the 40 attempts its inventor had made before he actually got it correct!

Doesn't attract dirt? WD-40 is a dirt magnet! Not only that but WD-40 is a degreaser. Unless you're spraying it on after every ride its gonna rob your chain of lube. I used to use this stuff called Triflow on my bike chain. Had teflon n crap in it. Might have to look into it for the quad.

Edited by Wallrat

Hey MotulMonsta,

My Motion Pro chain breaker broke the first time I used it. I sent an E-mail to the Customer Service Department and they sent me a replacement part the next day.

Good Product:

Motorex makes a great chain wax. Let it dry overnight and it doesn't fling off. Makes the chain look a little "milky white", but it works great on my sportbike and dirt bikes.

Bad Product:

UM skid plate bolt holes didn't line up worth a damn, but I "pursuaded" it with a heavy brass hammer, and now I like how it fits. One question: Why don't they supply the bolts and nuts? Order a brand new part and you have to make a trip to the hardware store. Piss poor idea.

Doesn't attract dirt?  WD-40 is a dirt magnet!  Not only that but WD-40 is a degreaser.  Unless you're spraying it on after every ride its gonna rob your chain of lube.  I used to use this stuff called Triflow on my bike chain.  Had teflon n crap in it.  Might have to look into it for the quad.

454981[/snapback]

i think he uses it on something else and says chain :shootself:

Doesn't attract dirt?  WD-40 is a dirt magnet!  Not only that but WD-40 is a degreaser.  Unless you're spraying it on after every ride its gonna rob your chain of lube.  I used to use this stuff called Triflow on my bike chain.  Had teflon n crap in it.  Might have to look into it for the quad.

454981[/snapback]

Tri Flow is quite possibly the best lubricant made. I know this is a crappy product thread, but I would highly recommend Tri Flow to anybody who rides sand. With sand you can't run that Chain wax stuff, it leaves way too much residue. Most all say they leave a finish similar to Cosmolene, I know I don't want anything remotely close to Cosmolene on a wear item like a chain. I clean and spray Tri Flow on my chain before every trip to the dunes. Don't have to relube, attracts on the most minimal sand, and lasts. :clap:

Oh yeah, crappy products... who invented the degree key? :shootself: