Worst Product Ever!

thecabinboy

What are some of the biggest P.O.S.'s you have had to deal with? With boost bottles, Amp Links and Roost Boosts already been said before (no reason to beat a dead horse, right?), what other things are out there that we should steer clear of? Was it bad design, shoddy craftsmanship or what? I'm' interested to know.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Applied Racing Ball bearing clutch lever: POS weak stripping adjuster and crappy pearch cover mounting screws that fall out. Also does not accept Motion Pro brand clutch cable at adjuster.

2) White Brothers boost bottle: gets in the way of wiring and constantly rubs wiring so you have to wrap the wires in more electrical tape.

3) Maxima Crystal Clear chain lube: says it is clean and does not fling, BS! It makes the chain look good until you ride in dirt/sand, then it flings on everything imaginable and collects dirt/sand like crazy.

4) Maxima Chain wax: This stuff is so tacky it makes the chain links so tight you'll think something is wrong with the chain.

5) Evolution Powerband: created so much HP that the shift lever, ball, and rod were destroyed :P

LRD adjustable pipes. I helped a friend put some on his shee and their idea of "fits stock brackets" is a die grinder and some duct tape. The pipes need a caulking gun with a tube of silicon seal to adjust them, then they leak two days or so later.

You would be better off sending me your money than to purchase LRD adj. pipes.

1) Applied Racing Ball bearing clutch lever: POS weak stripping adjuster and crappy pearch cover mounting screws that fall out. Also does not accept Motion Pro brand clutch cable at adjuster.

2) White Brothers boost bottle: gets in the way of wiring and constantly rubs wiring so you have to wrap the wires in more electrical tape.

3) Maxima Crystal Clear chain lube: says it is clean and does not fling, BS! It makes the chain look good until you ride in dirt/sand, then it flings on everything imaginable and collects dirt/sand like crazy.

4) Maxima Chain wax: This stuff is so tacky it makes the chain links so tight you'll think something is wrong with the chain.

5) Evolution Powerband: created so much HP that the shift lever, ball, and rod were destroyed :P

what kind of wax do you use now? I have been using the maxima stuff.

what kind of wax do you use now? I have been using the maxima stuff.

I was using the Bel Ray chain guard white stuff until now. It works good but it made my gold chain look white :angry:

All my buddies use Honda chain lube. It doesn't fling, lasts super long, applies clean, and stays clean after multiple rides. Thumbs up to Honda for an awesome chain lube!

hahaha thats good    freakin motion pro flywheel puller stripped so freakin easy... we finnaly got it to work but its like 27 bucks to take off a fly wheel each time  haha

That happened to me first time I took off the flywheel with the Motion Pro tool. The threads are soft for a reason. Rather strip the tool or the flywheel itself? Now I make sure the tool threads are as far in as it goes with a channelock. First time was hand tight so the threads ripped off in shreads!

My motion pro chain breaker and motion pro cpring puller. The push pin on the breaker crushed even though I grinded down both sides. The spring puller almost ended my career as a Navy pilot! I was using the heavy duty spring puller to put my exhaust springs on when the tipped snapped off and hit me in the eye! I always always wear safety glasses doing stuff like this but of course this one time I didn't. I luckily shut my eye a 1/4 second before it hit my eye so my vision was blurry for a few minutes and thats it. I haven't taken an eye test since but I don't think there was any permanent damage. If I hadn't got my eye shut in time I'd probably be a civilian right now.

My motion pro chain breaker and motion pro cpring puller.  The push pin on the breaker crushed even though I grinded down both sides.  The spring puller almost ended my career as a Navy pilot!  I was using the heavy duty spring puller to put my exhaust springs on when the tipped snapped off and hit me in the eye!  I always always wear safety glasses doing stuff like this but of course this one time I didn't.  I luckily shut my eye a 1/4 second before it hit my eye so my vision was blurry for a few minutes and thats it.  I haven't taken an eye test since but I don't think there was any permanent damage.  If I hadn't got my eye shut in time I'd probably be a civilian right now.

thats some serious shit, sounds more dangerous than using a coat hanger!

If I hadn't got my eye shut in time I'd probably be a civilian right now.

You got something against us civilians? lol....j/k man.

And about the LRD adjustible pipes.....I love mine. I had to grind out the one silencer mount because it made the one silencer a little higher than the other, but the rest went on smooth. If you use the right sealant for them they wont leak on you. And thats why you test how you want your pipes powerband to come on, and then set it.

I was talking to the guy at LRD about it and how the mx'ers seal them when they adjust them to the track they're riding. They dont even pull them apart, they figure out how they want it tuned during practice the day before, and then silicone the shit out of them around the seals on the outside, leave it for the night, and then run it the next day. They actually have guys that they sponsor that have sets sealed and ready to run for different races that they already know how they want to run it.