Fox float evols vs elka stage 5

Andreb84

NOOOb question: Does having Long Travel front end automatically mean your front end sits higher? Looking for a cushier setup but I do like my current/stock "low" seating position. 

Why I'm here:  Would not upgrading the rear shock immediately be a waste of adding a $2000 front end? Front of the bike is gliding over everything while the rear is coming loose/bopping around?

Edited by ek hatchhh
  • Like 1

NOOOb question: Does having Long Travel front end automatically mean your front end sits higher? Looking for a cushier setup but I do like my current/stock "low" seating position. 
No. When properly setup long travel will not change your ride height.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, ek hatchhh said:

Why I'm here:  Would not upgrading the rear shock immediately be a waste of adding a $2000 front end? Front of the bike is gliding over everything while the rear is coming loose/bopping around?

You usually see a higher front end from incorrect setup of suspension and sag of shocks. 

Yes, it would be a waste of $2000 if you leave the rear stock. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 12:38 PM, ek hatchhh said:

I missed the second part of your question the first time. As others have said it is ideal to do both together but if your budget won't allow my opinion is it isn't a waste to do the front, just now the front will out perform the rear and you won't see the full gains. The rear shock is actually decent on the banshee when properly setup. It sounds to me like its probably too stiff and too little rebound damping, have to tried adjusting it?

their shocks are def solid... but forget any kind of "custom" applications  for your generic riding styles and CS can helpish if you got a very common standard set up lol.

I know for sure loco has been through the loop with them as his suspension is a 1 off set up and not your avg or standard LT build. 

I'll always refer people to stadium and 2nd elka for that main reason.

Glad I stumbled on this thread. I just picked up a set of Roll Design +2+1 standard travel A-Arms for a good price and I found Fox Float 3s for sale by ATV galaxy on ebay for 599. I plan on having the stock rear shock serviced and setup for my weight by a local guy who does all the suspension for my 650R. 

Do the fox floats hold up well with a fat fuck rider such as myself? 

I hope I made the right decision going with the used roll designs over the new alba arms. 

Roll arms are / should be definitely higher quality a arms.  

Fox shocks are solid shocks... I wouldn't worry about your weight AS LONG AS their set up to your weight and specs....  if the shocks are lets say set up for a 140lbs rider and you are 3x that weight... well your not giving the shocks much of a chance and your going to destroy them lol

Glad I stumbled on this thread. I just picked up a set of Roll Design +2+1 standard travel A-Arms for a good price and I found Fox Float 3s for sale by ATV galaxy on ebay for 599. I plan on having the stock rear shock serviced and setup for my weight by a local guy who does all the suspension for my 650R. 
Do the fox floats hold up well with a fat fuck rider such as myself? 
I hope I made the right decision going with the used roll designs over the new alba arms. 
I'm 210 and use fox shocks for 4 years without problems.

I also have RollDesign arms, which I bent a month ago. It was not a hard fall, but the wheel got stuck in a perfect angle to bend the top left arm.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk