Fox float evols vs elka stage 5

Andreb84

On October 10, 2018 at 12:50 PM, 97Screamer said:

I missed the second part of your question the first time. As others have said it is ideal to do both together but if your budget won't allow my opinion is it isn't a waste to do the front, just now the front will out perform the rear and you won't see the full gains. The rear shock is actually decent on the banshee when properly setup. It sounds to me like its probably too stiff and too little rebound damping, have to tried adjusting it?

Sounds good. I would imagine having a front end upgrade would be noticeably better than the oem banshee front even if running the stock rear shock for a bit. I really don't jump at all anymore, just like to have fun on trails and dunes. One day I'm looking at prices like "Getting these Evols and Roll Designs baby!" next day I'm thinking "Well, I could get a NICE complete front and back elka lt/alba set up for the same money" we'll see.

21 hours ago, 97Screamer said:

I got my new floats today. They will be replacing stage 4 Elka legacy which are equivalent to the new stage 5. I had Floats on my old Alba arms and once you get used to riding on air it's hard to go back.0e40a5c252f4a6d5eb28f781fc752e68.jpg71ba5afe8975d30c7b789b631b9e951e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

(whats up with those stage 4's? :P )

2 hours ago, ek hatchhh said:

Sounds good. I would imagine having a front end upgrade would be noticeably better than the oem banshee front even if running the stock rear shock for a bit. I really don't jump at all anymore, just like to have fun on trails and dunes. One day I'm looking at prices like "Getting these Evols and Roll Designs baby!" next day I'm thinking "Well, I could get a NICE complete front and back elka lt/alba set up for the same money" we'll see.

giphy.gif

(whats up with those stage 4's? :P )

My opinion is Floats are far superior to Elka's, particularly the single speed compression only adjustable in the "legacy" kit, and worth the money. For a long time I planned on getting Roll arms but the more I researched it the more I felt I was paying too much for just the name. I think Fireball are the best arms out there, if for no other reason you get the extra shaft travel on the shock. All things being equal this is better IMO. Hence why I now run the Fireball arms. The Alba arms I had before worked excellent and are likely the best value. 

Unless I got an offer I couldn't refuse I plan on keeping the stage 4 for another bike I'm working on. They are 19.25" and without being shortened will only work on Fireball arms. I do have some 17.25" Axis, 20" Axis. 17" Elka Stage 4 I'm selling. All are rebound, compression and preload adjustable.

Buck been angry and negative as fuck ever since his wife made him pull a JD and sell the drag bike and skip the HQ rides.

I’ll never understand that kind of shit.

If my wife said to sell my bikes, I’d tell her start looking for an apartment.

I guess that’s the difference between an alpha male and beta male.

8 hours ago, 97Screamer said:

My opinion is Floats are far superior to Elka's, particularly the single speed compression only adjustable in the "legacy" kit, and worth the money. For a long time I planned on getting Roll arms but the more I researched it the more I felt I was paying too much for just the name. I think Fireball are the best arms out there, if for no other reason you get the extra shaft travel on the shock. All things being equal this is better IMO. Hence why I now run the Fireball arms. The Alba arms I had before worked excellent and are likely the best value. 

Unless I got an offer I couldn't refuse I plan on keeping the stage 4 for another bike I'm working on. They are 19.25" and without being shortened will only work on Fireball arms. I do have some 17.25" Axis, 20" Axis. 17" Elka Stage 4 I'm selling. All are rebound, compression and preload adjustable.

did u just call fox and say what length u need and they make the shocks ?

22 minutes ago, registered user said:

did u just call fox and say what length u need and they make the shocks ?

You might be able to but more than likely you'll get someone on the other end that tells you they don't make shocks for a banshee. Your best bet is ATV Galaxy in my experience, if you have off the shelf arms they should be able to get you set up.

Edited by 97Screamer

Buck been angry and negative as fuck ever since his wife made him pull a JD and sell the drag bike and skip the HQ rides.

I’ll never understand that kind of shit.

If my wife said to sell my bikes, I’d tell her start looking for an apartment.

I guess that’s the difference between an alpha male and beta male.

Lol. Quite the opposite there chief. She was actually pissed when i sold my bikes. But your allowed to think what ya want.

9 hours ago, locogato11283 said:

What arms do you have? I can probably tell you what you need.

its lsr with shaws and their stiff as mofo. maybe with lower pressure they can work but idk. bike is across town in storage so i cant check what i have until next friday. fox dont have shit listed on their site so i thought they dont have sizes i need

4 minutes ago, registered user said:

its lsr with shaws and their stiff as mofo. maybe with lower pressure they can work but idk. bike is across town in storage so i cant check what i have until next friday. fox dont have shit listed on their site so i thought they dont have sizes i need

Fox is useless.. You have to rely on experience with the different arms and shocks. If they are standard travel arms, which I suspect since it has Shaws, you will only be able to run the Float 3.

If you want a set, e-mail Mike at ATV Galaxy and tell him I referred you. You'll get a better price than eBay. info@atvgalaxy.com

They will be 14.5" eye to eye. Tell him you need the Banshee spacers.. They may or may not come with them. If not, I have a website where you can order a set.

fox-float-3-atv-shocks-500x500.jpg

7 hours ago, locogato11283 said:

Fox is useless.. You have to rely on experience with the different arms and shocks. If they are standard travel arms, which I suspect since it has Shaws, you will only be able to run the Float 3.

If you want a set, e-mail Mike at ATV Galaxy and tell him I referred you. You'll get a better price than eBay. info@atvgalaxy.com

They will be 14.5" eye to eye. Tell him you need the Banshee spacers.. They may or may not come with them. If not, I have a website where you can order a set.

fox-float-3-atv-shocks-500x500.jpg

what shock could i use in da back?