2017 BansheeHQ Fall Ride - Little Sahara, OK - Sept. 27 - Oct. 1

The sheebitch is starting to worrie me, after doing some riding today she started smoking from the right tail pipe "standing at the back of the bike" way more than the left and at idle even, seems to me like coolant issue, what might cause this? I know there's other places to post this but everyone's more active here than anywhere else

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Sorry it's not a coolant issue seems to be a carb issue, need to have the carbs synced. Anyone near seminole ok got the tools to help me out on this?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

You can get it very close without the sync tool. Take off your air filters (and air box if you have one) so you can see the slides. When you push the throttle (bike shut off) do the carbs start and stop moving at the same time? Push slow and steady. If they do not, adjust at the caps until they move as close to perfect as you can see

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

You can get it very close without the sync tool. Take off your air filters (and air box if you have one) so you can see the slides. When you push the throttle (bike shut off) do the carbs start and stop moving at the same time? Push slow and steady. If they do not, adjust at the caps until they move as close to perfect as you can see

I think Ryan's advice may be misinterpreted. The slides typically have no choice but to move at the same time since the are controlled by a single cable. What is important is that the position of the slide in the carb is identical. The slide raises and creates an opening for air to be drawn through. This open needs to be identical. The lever the opening, the more air flow allowed. The sync tool measures this air flow and allows you to get them set the same. You can also do this by eye but it isn't as accurate. Make sure as you begin to open the carbs, both slides come off the bottom position at the same time. Too much slack on one side can allow that carb to rest in the bottom position while the other slide begins to raise. Then make sure their heights are equal as they move up. Equal in one position means they will be equal in all positions, aside from the resting position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Ryan's advice may be misinterpreted. The slides typically have no choice but to move at the same time since the are controlled by a single cable. What is important is that the position of the slide in the carb is identical. The slide raises and creates an opening for air to be drawn through. This open needs to be identical. The lever the opening, the more air flow allowed. The sync tool measures this air flow and allows you to get them set the same. You can also do this by eye but it isn't as accurate. Make sure as you begin to open the carbs, both slides come off the bottom position at the same time. Too much slack on one side can allow that carb to rest in the bottom position while the other slide begins to raise. Then make sure their heights are equal as they move up. Equal in one position means they will be equal in all positions, aside from the resting position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is why I am not a teacher