What port are on these heads

Hello oddball exhaust port....

Don't stress over the residual rust in the ports. Tends to happen on alky bikes. Especially if they're not purged. Get some photos from different angles. Just seeing that exhaust port, I'd assume they are some type of drag port.

• Like 1

I've see portiing like that a few times, it can be improved on with a lil feathering out and shaping . Rippen,as long as you shape the port correctly width hasn't ever been an issue , actually not wide enouph is a bigger issue on a single ex port engine because there's not enouph time/area to expel the charge before the transfers open.

• Like 1

Not at all.

You can control it with pipe choice honestly.

If it's a little much you can try a different pipe. You can change domes too.

I'd say send them off, get em inspected, get some timings, maybe a builder can give you a pretty good setup for what you want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not at all.

You can control it with pipe choice honestly.

If it's a little much you can try a different pipe. You can change domes too.

I'd say send them off, get em inspected, get some timings, maybe a builder can give you a pretty good setup for what you want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm new to 2 strokes, I have FMF Gold's currently.  What am a looking for in pipes?  Thanks for your time!

If they are drag ported Id probably sell them and get something that is dune ported if your doing trails. Nothing like having no low end due to a drag ported cylinder. Then putting a pipe on it that kills the top end to try to get some low and mid range.

Edited by jbooker82
  • Like 1

There's a method to measure from tops of ports to deck, and you would know your port timing. Hard to say by looking. Some guys put some wild shapes on ports.

I couldn't see the ridges inside the exhaust port being beneficial, but that shape could be fixed. Let the curious know how they run, if you run them.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk