Interesting read on carbon fiber control arm manufacturing.

trickedcarbine

Yea, at 300 pounds I'm not sure I understand what's going on here.

Chromoly chassis? Ti chassis?

I wouldn't even consider CF unless I was maxed out elsewhere and even then, aluminum and titanium are easier to get and build.

Stock cradle/chromoly hybrid

I've never really chased weight so I really don't know how light I can get it.

I'm about $1,100 in on that and as time goes I think it'll double.

So after really looking at bikes that claim to be in the 235-245lb range, I'm thinking 265 ish should be pretty easy. I'm running full suspension and brakes though.

I'm about $1,100 in on that and as time goes I think it'll double.

So after really looking at bikes that claim to be in the 235-245lb range, I'm thinking 265 ish should be pretty easy. I'm running full suspension and brakes though.

There's a diff from real weight vs BS weight claims. It's not EZ making components light let alone complete weight light. I'll tell u this...OG weighs less than 250lbs race ready a454d45ad26753b722a808c80ee2e827.jpg

265. LOL. No way.

Well fuck, that's why I was being conservative and thinking 290ish. What do you think is possible? Keep in mind it's gotta have some extras that the drag guys don't run so it's hard to get an apples to apples comparison. I've never tried to put a target number to it. I just know that as I've been looking over my old set up I see ounces and pounds to be saved everywhere.