Interesting read on carbon fiber control arm manufacturing.

trickedcarbine

Material component to application choice and quality are super important. Strength and weight per application is a big factor. These are just some basics that are known and would think anyone discussing anything technical pertaining to this would know, remember, and not post up stupid shit with this said. Peeps obviously do not know this and don't factor this into discussions or even design to making light components. I see why peeps here on BHQ make train wrecks out of good threads...cause they have no clues

I know this isn't directed to me but there are other options that are better for application on a Banshee with suspension

My fireball LT arms are not ordinary.... And they weigh almost as little as the Race-tech Ti arms, so that's a start.

FYI, there is a material on the market that will make Chromoloy obsolete in racing. I can not remember what it was called off the top of my head, but Moe Laub and Evan ( 358shee) may be kind enough to weigh in. I weighed a foot of it with equal sized chromoly and saw a little more then an ounce difference.

I talked to GT Performance the other day about some CF parts and he said he had two months of reading, talking to experienced people, doing calculations and researching different weaves of CF before he decided what to use as the steering stem on his kid's 300' chassis.

And this is a guy who's been making shit go fast since before most guys in this thread had Banshees.

That's saying something.

^ Exactley. This is all doable, but it takes qualified personnel with experience. The technology has been around for decades, and it's time to get it in to other applications. It can't just be some guy putting resin on weave and sending it out the door. There many folks doing this shit in motorsports successfully, and I've got no problem paying the right hands to make this happen.

^ Exactley. This is all doable, but it takes qualified personnel with experience. The technology has been around for decades, and it's time to get it in to other applications. It can't just be some guy putting resin on weave and sending it out the door. There many folks doing this shit in motorsports successfully, and I've got no problem paying the right hands to make this happen.

Seems like u are going to pay to play tho. What's the race ready weight you are going for?

Seems like u are going to pay to play tho. What's the race ready weight you are going for?

Being that it's a TT type bike and not a totally stripped drag bike, I'd be happy around 295-300. I'm sure it'll get to 310 pretty easily though, and the rest will require some extra effort. Since I've still got a whole other bike I'll be patient on this to really make it sweet.