I have $4,000 to use on suspension and a arms.

PaymentPlan

Well considering this is under the MX thread I'm assuming your going after just that, so considering that, I don't see why you'd want to extend it out further since it's going to hurt your handling especially if your going to be adding an inch forward on the a-arms as I saw you talk about earlier in this thread. Doesn't make sense. I don't think even Duncan racing wth their complete motor package extended out their Mx bike they built for Eichner (if that's how you spell it) so unless your pushing that much power or aren't going for just MX your going in the wrong direction.

I'm not going ONLY for mx.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I went with a -2 i almost went with a -1 thinking a -2 would be too much but turns out this was perfect. Motor wise I'm bored over .30, 21cc domes in a fast racing cool head, chariot banshee intake boots, v-force 3 reeds and CFM performance aluminum airbox. If I did anything else it'd probably get it ported and polished but as it is now on the dry hard picked tracks it's still hard to find traction at times. When it's been prepped and it's nice fresh dirt that's soft it hooks up amazingly, so I don't feel the need to up the power anymore. I'm not racing anymore so it's somewhat rare when you do get a nice peeped track like that to put the power down otherwise I have to somewhat work to put it down. Nothing like how it used to be with the stock swingarm though.

What made you decide that the -2 was perfect? What did you notice or recognize in your handeling that made you realize it was better. Did you feel a more balance while aorbourne?

Edited by controls77

What made you decide that the -2 was perfect? What did you notice or recognize in your handeling that made you realize it was better. Did you feel a more balance while aorbourne?

Based on other people's opinions that their primary purpose is Mx like DDQ. I have less wheel spin in the normal seating position I'm in, whereas before I would have to lean back and almost assuming the position as if I was trying to get the front end up to transfer enough weight to the rear to get it to hook up as well ( I'm ~170 with gear). Before the bike used to push a lot through a turn and I'd have to either almost lock up the rear brake and apply some front to get it sideways and not lose a lot of time around a turn or slow down enough as the bike is pushing through the turn and using the clutch and power to get it unsettled and sideways. Whereas now it turns more like my 450. I come into the turn get most my braking done pitch my weight using some power to break it lose hit my apex and get it out of the turn. Only thing I noticed in the air was when I'd use my rear brake to get the front end down it feels like it's a lot more effective now that the tires are closer to its center of gravity but that might just be me I don't know.

Sounds like a straight shooter ha. +20 titanium swing arm with Fox floats all around and -3 titanium arms in the front. There that wasn't hard.

If it's really uncontrollable, I'll just build another engine and swap out when I have to. I'll do a 4 mil stock cylinder, which I plan to do next. When it's time to hit the track, throw the 4 mil in. When I'm doing other riding types with a little mx, put the 10 mil in.

If it's really uncontrollable, I'll just build another engine and swap out when I have to. I'll do a 4 mil stock cylinder, which I plan to do next. When it's time to hit the track, throw the 4 mil in. When I'm doing other riding types with a little mx, put the 10 mil in.

It's not really about it being uncontrollable as you control the throttle. It just won't be a fun motor anywhere but on the top end and have an on/off switch. I checked out your build thread I saw how not so knowledgable you were with these quads (no disrespect)..but you might as well start building the 4 mil as that'll be a much better choice for an all around shee.

It's not really about it being uncontrollable as you control the throttle. It just won't be a fun motor anywhere but on the top end and have an on/off switch. I checked out your build thread I saw how not so knowledgable you were with these quads (no disrespect)..but you might as well start building the 4 mil as that'll be a much better choice for an all around shee.

C'mon, you can't break people's dreams in half. You gotta remember that when some one knows nothing, they actually know everything.
  • Like 1