By no means am i a pro rider but i own both. Outlaw and stock chassis. Outlaw chassis will hands down out handle a stocker all day. The way you can push the Outlaw and still maintain control just cant be explained if you havent riden one. Its a night and day difference. Why do you think John Stallworth was able to run over 95 mph on Pikes Peak? It was an Outlaw chassis. If you have the money to build one do it. Lonestar will still make you the chassis and all components to go with it.

When did you build yours?  Erik had a lot of valuable info on building a laeger but it would be nice to hear more about the LSR outlaw route.  Even in their hay day it doesn't sound like either of these two frames were heavily produced.

Google threads from Evan(358banshee), SNT, and my buddy James (Domestic Beotch). In that order to boot. Evan did probably one of the coolest builds. It's a totally custom chromoly frame with an EFI 4mm motor. SNT showed what you can do by chopping the front right off and going with a total redesign with more modern geometry. Domestic Beotch and I did one where we wanted to see just how much better things could be with out a total redesign. The goal was to dissect the front end piece by piece and re assemble it all with narrowed center point and more rake. That is a total DIY that turned out pretty well given it's time frame and ZERO dollar budget.

Another inspiration would be to look at the bike Springer built for special blend. That thing was to long for my taste, but the front end was fucking tits!

Gulp..... Maybe see what's up with Thack's new frame. Sounds like he got someone to build his wet dream frame.

Last but not least, search for stuff like loco did with his hill bike. Chopped it off and had a site sponsor bend tube to his desired specs and assembled it him self. That was a pretty slick set up.

Think outside of the box. Hell, I can't seem to avoid the life vortex and I've given up on a custom chassis, but I've found many walsh and laeger 250r hybrid frames for cheaper then the banshee outlaw and protrax frames and there is considerable room if done right.

• Like 1

Google threads from Evan(358banshee), SNT, and my buddy James (Domestic Beotch). In that order to boot. Evan did probably one of the coolest builds. It's a totally custom chromoly frame with an EFI 4mm motor. SNT showed what you can do by chopping the front right off and going with a total redesign with more modern geometry. Domestic Beotch and I did one where we wanted to see just how much better things could be with out a total redesign. The goal was to dissect the front end piece by piece and re assemble it all with narrowed center point and more rake. That is a total DIY that turned out pretty well given it's time frame and ZERO dollar budget.

Another inspiration would be to look at the bike Springer built for special blend. That thing was to long for my taste, but the front end was fucking tits!

Gulp..... Maybe see what's up with Thack's new frame. Sounds like he got someone to build his wet dream frame.

Last but not least, search for stuff like loco did with his hill bike. Chopped it off and had a site sponsor bend tube to his desired specs and assembled it him self. That was a pretty slick set up.

Think outside of the box. Hell, I can't seem to avoid the life vortex and I've given up on a custom chassis, but I've found many walsh and laeger 250r hybrid frames for cheaper then the banshee outlaw and protrax frames and there is considerable room if done right.

Evan (THE358BANSH) has his act together BIG TIME.  If you can get ahold of him this could be of huge value.  That being said though, as far as I know he has yet to finish his build, and I know that his desire to build something for someone else will be limited.  He's not gonna work for cheap.  Nieskes (Brennin) probably knows better the status on this.

Where are you finding info that someone has or is building something for sir Thack???

What about turbo chassis?

^ fuck yes. He is doing full look alike frames for guys that need a "stock" chassis. The price is right and I bet if someone was serious he would definitely build one or modify a stocker. Just doesn't make sense how so many guys chop and modify for drag, but not many are willing to put their name on anything that'll be airborne. From the conversations I've had with other chassis builders, there is quite a bit of respect for liability so many guys pass on that kind of work.
  • Like 1

Reading that thread on THE358BANSH's frame build was a religious experience.  This is the reason I've been kicking around going to night school and learning how to be a machinist.  Not because I want to be a machinist, but so I can do shit like this in my free time.  The MX air thing really seems to put the pucker in a lot of frame builders.  The first time I went to Arlo's shop he was very hesitant to do my current frame because he heard from some guys that I jumped and had ripped the foot pegs out of a stock frame on a landing.

• Like 1

Can you be more specific?

Link?

Copy and paste?

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/threads/52271-Custom-LT-Banshee-Chassis-Frame-Fabricator-Help!

He was on here again a couple weeks ago getting in to it in a thread and mentioned a few things about the happenings as well. Some nonsense, but I bet it'll be pretty cool in all honesty.

that thread has an oct2012 post  that says all he needs is a stock 450 subby and its all go, got a fab guy ready to build the frame, 2 years later hes back on here asking about frame builders

he sure fucks around for a guy that claims to have an unlimited budget

that thread has an oct2012 post that says all he needs is a stock 450 subby and its all go, got a fab guy ready to build the frame, 2 years later hes back on here asking about frame builders

he sure fucks around for a guy that claims to have an unlimited budget

He's a bit overkill, but definitely sparing no expense on this one.