Camatv sold his MX bike a long time ago.

You could try Duncan racing since they still sponsor some riders in Europe running aftermarket frames and have used many here in the US as well.

I kinda doubt this will lead to anything...

Leonard called me a month ago asking me if I wanted to sell mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

No but I have ridden several lone star framed 250Rs. Same chassis design right?

Should be similar. I don't know that for sure though.

Either way, there will still be differences when you consider the addition weight of the banshee motor and how it is placed in the chassis and how it affects the overall handling and balance of the bike.

My point is that you're criticizing Ryan's riding abilities and especially his current setup as well as his tuning abilities with very little knowledge of him or his current setup.

On top of all that, you're suggesting that an OEM chassis Banshee can be a great MX setup when you haven't ridden either a true Banshee Outlaw or Laeger. My point here is that you haven't experienced the difference for yourself.

We all know that you have skills and ride to the max with your current OEM chassis and suspension improvents, but I can guarantee you that if you rode either of these setups dialed in to suit you, you would throw stones at the OEM chassis,

• Like 1

By no means am i a pro rider but i own both. Outlaw and stock chassis. Outlaw chassis will hands down out handle a stocker all day. The way you can push the Outlaw and still maintain control just cant be explained if you havent riden one. Its a night and day difference. Why do you think John Stallworth was able to run over 95 mph on Pikes Peak? It was an Outlaw chassis. If you have the money to build one do it. Lonestar will still make you the chassis and all components to go with it.

David, I fully agree with your input on fully dialing in the setup that a guy has already and working to improve rider skill and technique as well, but, as you stated yourself, the oem chassis has its design limits that will always hold it back from greater potential.  Ryan realizes this and is seriously considering taking the next step.

I realized this years ago with the Banshee I had from age 14 to 18.  Rather then constantly be disappointed with my oem chassis options at the time I waited until I could fund a Laeger's build knowing that it would cure all of the issues that I experienced that were holding me back.

And no, I am not suggesting that a Banshee powered aftermarket chassis will beat a modern four stroke, especially a new Walsh Hybrid for example, one of those will still be smoother and on the overall will be faster on a tight and technical track.  On a wide open and high speed track that would change in favor of the Banshee.

I am a bit confused by your corner statement, though. You say your bike handles whoops and jumps fine with standard travel shocks but it's the turns you have the biggest complaint about? You can set your suspension and camber, caster and toe to adjust cornering traction and suspension roll or chassis lean, but the biggest problem with the banshee frame for MX is the wide front frame between a arm mounts which limits suspension travel and creates bump steer much greater than that of 450s.

If you want an aftermarket frame mainly for cornering I would strongly suggest you practice your front and rear braking in the corners as well as preload on the front shocks.

I think that's good advice and I would probably ask questions like that as well to someone contemplating making a major investment to accomplish a goal.  God made me to be a linebacker not an mx rider and for entertainment purposes and irony made me love mx racing.  Since I was 15 I've had to revalve, respring and modify everything I've owned to get any kind of descent ride. Hell my dad even modified my big wheel when I was five because it was too small.  I figured out 18 years ago that learning about suspension tuning was going to be the only way I would ever really enjoy this sport.  Was fortunate that a few friends rode pro and was able to spend a lot of time in the pits talking shop with some very good suspension tuners.  I'm the guy in the group that when people are talking about all the money they've dumped in their motor always asks how much they've spent on their shocks.  If someone wants to drag, my reply is sure, let's go find the longest whoop section. You get the point.  I'm concentrating on cornering because my settings feel very good in the technical features.  The banshee has proven it can do just fine in a straight line.  The AX/SX tracks I'm riding right now have 5 or 6 passes linked with 180 degree corners, some burmed and some flat and even off camber.  If I'm losing .5 seconds a turn in a 15 lap moto, I'm not going to be close to competitive.  The speed I can carry through those corners and versatility of line choice I have on my 450 is night and day from the banshee.  Tiger Woods can probably play a pretty dam good round of golf with a set of clubs from Walmart but there becomes a point where the limitations of your equipment can really hold you back.  Based on my experience riding a lot of different machines, having a banshee saddle with the relocated pegs that I make paired with better front and rear geometry genetics would give me the best ride.  Anyway you slice it, if I want a track bike I'm going to be building a second banshee.  Changing gearing, wheels, caster, camber, all my clickers, and preloads gets old in between sand and dirt trips. 

I've known about the laeger and Lonestar routes for 10+ years and am at a place where I can afford to actually consider the build.  The point of this post was to gather info on possible services sponsors may offer outside the obvious two and hear from guys who have done this already and get insight from their experience.  Laegereliminator spent a couple hours on the phone last night going over his build and that is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1