Grand River Racing's Inframe the Hooker and the Stripper

O.G.

I like the post about my weld rings causing some turbulance or some shit! I really dont care if you put a fucking sock in there. I will test it, change it, make it better. Hydro formed pipes are cool too, and so are candy canes and heated seats.

I don't have pics of the new stampings because the die is not ready yet. All my Inframes are handrolled right now. Built plenty of Inframes and more than capable of building a nice looking pipe. I can tie them in a knot, or swing them up over the bars if you like.

Done plenty of testing. Been building pipes since 2000. They have computer programs that build pipes? No wonder all the others run like shit! Maybe they should test them at the track instead of on the computer.

I love all this overheating crap being the pipes fault. And since when does the pipe pull heat out of the engine? If your engines too hot the radiator is too small. If your plugs or pistons are melting your timing is up to far or your jetting is lean.

• Like 1

I like the post about my weld rings causing some turbulance or some shit! I really dont care if you put a fucking sock in there. I will test it, change it, make it better. Hydro formed pipes are cool too, and so are candy canes and heated seats.

I don't have pics of the new stampings because the die is not ready yet. All my Inframes are handrolled right now. Built plenty of Inframes and more than capable of building a nice looking pipe. I can tie them in a knot, or swing them up over the bars if you like.

Done plenty of testing. Been building pipes since 2000. They have computer programs that build pipes? No wonder all the others run like shit! Maybe they should test them at the track instead of on the computer.

I love all this overheating crap being the pipes fault. And since when does the pipe pull heat out of the engine? If your engines too hot the radiator is too small. If your plugs or pistons are melting your timing is up to far or your jetting is lean.

OG you have to play the wind with this fucking idiot. He runs a billet STEEL clutch basket FFS! I might not agree with some of the shit you spew from your cock holster BUT I'd take anything you say as gospel before I believe that fuck wit telling me 2+2=4!

Avgas-

Lower specific gravity=thinner. Thinner=washing a cylinder of it's oil and in four strokes w/ conventional rings, quicker oil contamination. This is why aircraft use 50, 60, and 70 straight weight engine oil and gapless rings commonly. LL=Low Lead this is helpful for combating pinging and better elevation related stability, and for 'cushioning' the valve on the seat (especially the ex valve).

2 strokes get oil in the fuel-problem #1 isn't as severe as in four stroke engines-better to avoid Castor based oils though. New age synthetics handle the different fuels (including methanol, and oxygenated) much better with more tolerance.

Furthermore, the octane rating for Avgas is NOT the same method as for at the pump. We use two main standards for the pump fuels; RON and ROM and also and average of both (Why the eastern/middle part of the country is 93 at the pump and the same fuel is 91 at the pump in other areas). So comparing 105LL to 91 on the same scale is not a very good way to do things.

Pipes- Well, soundwaves travel more efficiently through heat, and are impervious to radiuses but are quickly upset with abrupt, or irregular surfaces. The same exact pipe is way better off being smooth slow transitions vs. abrupt sharp cornered changes-this is a no-brainer :) Look at a fine musical instrument vs. a cheap rental one-crimped seams vs. lead 'sweated' and hand smoothed ones-both horn would work fine (one better than the other).....

This, to me does NOT mean a hand coned pipe isn't as good as a hydro formed one, it just means that the more care focusing on the simple physics of soundwaves will yield a better pipe. Despite he methodology of construction. I've seen some pretty 'ratty' stuff utilizing both methods of construction.

Stamped halves are simply easier to achieve the 'goal' with-but the die sets are crazy detailed/expensive for the initial set-up :)

Hope I don't get hazed for my opinion :D

• Like 1

Thanks Zilla you are real professional. :D

Good equation for octane-now show how the results make it to the pump ( The actual RON value-etc)-and what method they used to put it there (despite my typo)-in our country its an average of both, or just the one........

Isn't pinging a form of knocking? What you say about lead is essentially identical-with different wording :D

I mentioned NOTHING about lead's lubing properties/or not......

But, thanks :)