How to obtain 75hp from a 4mil

Stone MXshee

get back at them? They sent me the wrong engine, did you skip all of that?

Stone MXshee, on 07 Oct 2014 - 4:29 PM, said:snapback.png

listen little sprinkles, I have no idea what the fuck your talking about. Your going way to far to make yourself seem like a know it all. I don't know everything, but im not clueless. That's part of why I made an account here is to ask questions, not look at stuborn comments.

Stone MXshee, on 07 Oct 2014 - 4:44 PM, said:snapback.png

LOL how else do you measure something? and It says I created this account to tell everyone my experience dealing with ECA. It never says I joined because my motor didn't make the power I thought it should on someones dyno. Go find something else to do man.

Stone MXshee, on 07 Oct 2014 - 5:04 PM, said:snapback.png

WINDYCITYJOHN400. Thank you! The point I've been trying to make is that its not a 4 mil, its stock. Nothing else matters, I don't care if its ported or not.

Stone MXshee, on 08 Oct 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:snapback.png

Measuring the stroke, yes. It was easy to do and I am confident I did it correctly.

Stone MXshee, on 08 Oct 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:snapback.png

I think everyone is underestimating the length of 4mm. You don't need a microscope to spot it. Its the thickness of 3 quarters. How else would you measure it?

Stone MXshee, on 09 Oct 2014 - 1:58 PM, said:snapback.png

that's what I mean, its not hard to spot out. 4mm is a noticeable length

Stone MXshee, on 26 Oct 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:snapback.png

I pulled the motor. I'm ported lol. I was wrong. Why 60hp though? It doesent add up.

Stone MXshee, on 26 Oct 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:snapback.png

Its a tall port, I'll have pics later tonight.

Stone MXshee, on 26 Oct 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:snapback.png

No measuring... ran out of time. I just looked at the intake ports after I pulled it.

Stone MXshee, on 25 Sept 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:snapback.png

Im going to have to be really accurate when I measure the stroke, like precise. So with the 4mil it moves 2mm lower and 2mm higher then stock stroke, correct?

Stone MXshee, on 25 Sept 2014 - 5:38 PM, said:snapback.png

So if I don't have the 4mil in my crank, it will be a bad bad day for ECA. If I do, then he's paying for my port job.

Stone MXshee, on 28 Sept 2014 - 6:21 PM, said:snapback.png

Hopefully I can reach close to 80hp when I get a port job. do I have to make jetting changes for the increased air and fuel running through the cylinders now?

Stone MXshee, on 07 Oct 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:snapback.png

Yup, just what I expected. Stock crank. Stock ports as well.

Stone MXshee, on 07 Oct 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:snapback.png

Yes, my measurements were spot on. I triple checked everything. I knew what I was looking for.

Stone MXshee, on 07 Oct 2014 - 1:55 PM, said:snapback.png

sleeper06, did they say the engines were from ECA?

I put a allen wrench in the cylinder, one hand holding it perfectly in line with the piston, and my other hand cranking the kicker. I turned it over a few times to get a positive feel for BDC and TDC. Once I felt exactly where TDC was, I took a flat piece of thin metal, set it flush against my head and slid the metal piece up against the bottom of the allen wrench at TDC and marked it exactly were the two pieces met. I did the same for BDC, marking the top of the allen wrench. measured the difference, 54mm exact.

Stone MXshee, on 07 Oct 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:snapback.png

I have no pics for the ports, but I already know they haven't been touched. Why would those be worked on if nothing else was. Trust me, the crank is stock. My measurements were spot on.

Stone MXshee, on 07 Oct 2014 - 2:38 PM, said:snapback.png

it does not even matter if they are done, I have the wrong engine

Stone MXshee, on 07 Oct 2014 - 3:14 PM, said:snapback.png

Clueless? ok bud. I can read a measuring tape.

Stone MXshee, on 07 Oct 2014 - 3:16 PM, said:snapback.png

I would be jumping the gun by advertising that they didn't send me the right stuff without proof, I have proof. So how am I jumping the gun

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had my motor done at Illinois Powersports. He did a 4mm 64mm bore. 147psi compression, V4's, stock carbs with fmf gold series pipes and q series muffs. Made 73hp with a 30% load and one of the smoothest power curves I have seen. This was with rear axle bearings starting to fail. The axle had play in it. And a x ring chain.